Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Derek Willis to UK?

Featured Replies

Would this mean that UL's recent spin out of control didn't have anything to do with his decision? Whether it did or not, I'm sure he'd play it off as though it didn't. Did any reporter ask something along those lines? I didn't get to watch it.

 

Outside of his dad being a UL fan I never really got the sense they were much of a threat to land him...

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Outside of his dad being a UL fan I never really got the sense they were much of a threat to land him...
Haven't seen it anywhere, but would you mind sharing your thoughts on Willis? Is he a good get for UK?
Haven't seen it anywhere, but would you mind sharing your thoughts on Willis? Is he a good get for UK?

 

Like his game a lot. Very versatile on the offensive end and as he adds strength he should become a solid defender. In terms of skill I think he is similar to Wiltjer in that he is a good sized kid that can hit shots from all over the floor. Nice 4 year type kid...

Like his game a lot. Very versatile on the offensive end and as he adds strength he should become a solid defender. In terms of skill I think he is similar to Wiltjer in that he is a good sized kid that can hit shots from all over the floor. Nice 4 year type kid...
Sounds good then. Thank you.

Apparently the UL message boards now claim they never wanted Willis, I think he has a chance to be a good player and I don't think Cal would have wasted a scholly on a kid he didn't think could play

Apparently the UL message boards now claim they never wanted Willis, I think he has a chance to be a good player and I don't think Cal would have wasted a scholly on a kid he didn't think could play

 

I'd love to make fun of this, but every fan base does the same. Hopefully he'll make them eat their words in a few years though.

What were your thoughts after watching him?

 

I've seen him several times, and he's gotten better each time. He's not going to come into college and be a 20 ppg scorer. He can be a glue guy who does a little of everything, like Darius Miller. Versatile, can put it on the floor, has good hands in the passing lanes. Remember -- he's not even 17 and has grown a good inch or two since March, and figures to grow some more.

Like his game a lot. Very versatile on the offensive end and as he adds strength he should become a solid defender. In terms of skill I think he is similar to Wiltjer in that he is a good sized kid that can hit shots from all over the floor. Nice 4 year type kid...

 

I've seen him several times, and he's gotten better each time. He's not going to come into college and be a 20 ppg scorer. He can be a glue guy who does a little of everything, like Darius Miller. Versatile, can put it on the floor, has good hands in the passing lanes. Remember -- he's not even 17 and has grown a good inch or two since March, and figures to grow some more.

 

 

 

Will he be as good as Scott Padgett?

Outside of his dad being a UL fan I never really got the sense they were much of a threat to land him...

 

I thought the same thing. It always seemed like Purdue and Kentucky were the only two choices. Louisville and Indiana were in the mix due to proximity, but they were both merely looking to show.

Will he be as good as Scott Padgett?

 

Could be, if he can add some muscle and become a stronger post defender and rebounder. He'll end up taller than Padgett, for sure.

 

I thought the same thing. It always seemed like Purdue and Kentucky were the only two choices. Louisville and Indiana were in the mix due to proximity, but they were both merely looking to show.

 

More will be coming on to express interest, I think. Nobody noticed him last year until the SW 16.

Has way more talent than Padgett. Padgett maximized his potential but Willis still has a very high ceiling. If he keeps it together he should end up being a much better player than Padgett.

Has way more talent than Padgett. Padgett maximized his potential but Willis still has a very high ceiling. If he keeps it together he should end up being a much better player than Padgett.

 

Sounds good to me. Padgett played a little NBA ball, didn't he?

Sounds good to me. Padgett played a little NBA ball, didn't he?

 

Yep.

 

Just goes to show that when your big you have a shot in the NBA, Jorts is another example of that. If you are big and 6'10'' and can hit that perimeter shot and pull boards you have a good shot to land somewhere. I think Willis needs to fill out more if he wants to be that type of player, but while at Kentucky I see him having much more of an impact than Padgett did. He is very versatile and if he can get 4 years under Calipari he should put up solid numbers all across the board.

Sounds good to me. Padgett played a little NBA ball, didn't he?

 

Padgett was a 1st round selection who played 6 or 7 years in the league.

He is more athletic than Wiltjer correct?

 

#fatJason is more athletic than Wiltjer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.