January 15, 201214 yr There is some chatter out there that Willis will be verballing again and this time to UK.
January 15, 201214 yr His dad says the kid has made up his mind. I'd expect an announcement within the next week.
January 15, 201214 yr Was hoping he would re commit to Purdue. Zero chance of that happening once he de-committed. I've always thought IU was the leader.
January 15, 201214 yr I know this kid is solid and a great talent, but I mean do we really see him playing at UK?
January 15, 201214 yr I know this kid is solid and a great talent, but I mean do we really see him playing at UK? His main issue is body strength. However, he's only a junior so he's got time to develop plus he'll be a 4-year player at UK which means he'll get to work with Rock. Kid has some nice skill.
January 15, 201214 yr I know this kid is solid and a great talent, but I mean do we really see him playing at UK? He's got guard skills. Yes.
January 15, 201214 yr Willis is for real. Could fit into a Calipari system. From all accounts a hard worker and a good kid. Calipari gets it, with Miller going out I could see Cal accepting his commitment because he is an in state kid. With all the national talent Kentucky is only going to produce a UK scholarship type player once every few seasons, Willis will be one of those guys. Not saying that's the only reason because the kid is legit IMO, Cal would like to have him.
January 16, 201214 yr I know this is a Willis to UK? thread but out of curiosity why Willis and not Daryl Hicks? Is Willis considered a better prospect than Hicks?
January 16, 201214 yr I know this is a Willis to UK? thread but out of curiosity why Willis and not Daryl Hicks? Is Willis considered a better prospect than Hicks? Right now yes. Hicks sitting out last season really hurt his stock. He may rise back up the rankings but right now Willis is a solid top 20 guy in 2013 and that is shaping up to be a loaded class. Also Willis is a 4 and Hicks would be a perimeter player. Kentucky is in on almost all elite perimeter guys in this class so that could also be a contributing factor. Would love to see Hicks go on to play "big time" D-1 ball but not sure it's going to be at Kentucky unless it's as a walk on.
January 16, 201214 yr Right now yes. Hicks sitting out last season really hurt his stock. He may rise back up the rankings but right now Willis is a solid top 20 guy in 2013 and that is shaping up to be a loaded class. Also Willis is a 4 and Hicks would be a perimeter player. Kentucky is in on almost all elite perimeter guys in this class so that could also be a contributing factor. Would love to see Hicks go on to play "big time" D-1 ball but not sure it's going to be at Kentucky unless it's as a walk on. Kids ratings come from spring and summer, right? So how did sitting out high school ball hurt his ratings?
January 16, 201214 yr Really? Willis is a top 20 guy nationwide guy? I wasn't aware of that. I guess he would be a better prospect than Hicks. Hicks is sick. I have only seen Willis once in AAU last summer and didn't know I was watching him until the end of the game.
January 16, 201214 yr Kids ratings come from spring and summer, right? So how did sitting out high school ball hurt his ratings? Because that was a lot time he wasn't getting to play. Anytime you miss an entire high school season and go almost an entire year without playing competetive basketball its going to hurt. Even though most recruiting services use the spring and summer AAU circuits and all-star game circuits (for seniors) to evaluate talent the most, the fact remains Hicks losing out on a year of eligibility hurt his stock. It was less time to play (although I know he probably still practiced with the team) and less time to develop. Hicks started his high school career as a top tier prospect, after sitting out last season he came into this season with a lot more questions than certainty. I think before it's all said and done he will climb back toward the top 50-100 rankings.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.