Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 68 Auburn 53

Featured Replies

Jim, you have no clue what you're talking about. He doesn't want out of any rivalry. He wants to have it set up so they don't play home games against UofL, UNC, & the BEast challenge in the same season. He wants to have it so it's a mix between home/road.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because they got hammered on the boards last night till late in the game.

 

One game. Look at their rebounding margin this year....Something close to +10 a game.

One game. Look at their rebounding margin this year....Something close to +10 a game.

 

I hear you. You asked why all the focus/concern - I answered why. At one point last night rebounding was 31-16 in favor of Aunburn. UK closed the gap from there to the end of the game and the final numbers were 35-29 in favor of Auburn. You make a good point about the overall stats. Now that we are in SEC play, it will be interesting to see how those seasonal stats hold up.

Before anybody panics, this is the way it is on the road in Conference play.

 

I am not paniced at all. I am just worried about this team developing that team chemistry and having some kind of flow to the offense. This team has the talent but it won't be enough to win it all if they don't develop it. That is the only thing that worries me about this team.

Edited by futurecoach

Jim, you have no clue what you're talking about. He doesn't want out of any rivalry. He wants to have it set up so they don't play home games against UofL, UNC, & the BEast challenge in the same season. He wants to have it so it's a mix between home/road.

 

That may be the public line he's espousing, but that's not the reality of the situation. He's scared to put his team at risk early, because there's a greater chance of a loss in a road game where deferential officials and a full house of rabid fans gives his team the decided advantage. It's no different than Rick's incessant whining about Freedom Hall's unavailability during December (before the move to the Chicken Bucket), forcing him to have to be on the road too much early and take losses.

I'm going off on a tangent here but, watching the game last night, I concluded that Darius Miller can make it in the NBA. I think he has the body, basketball skills and temperament to be a role player and a good teammate.

That may be the public line he's espousing, but that's not the reality of the situation. He's scared to put his team at risk early, because there's a greater chance of a loss in a road game where deferential officials and a full house of rabid fans gives his team the decided advantage. It's no different than Rick's incessant whining about Freedom Hall's unavailability during December (before the move to the Chicken Bucket), forcing him to have to be on the road too much early and take losses.

 

I love how you try to act like you have some sort of inside knowledge of Cal's thought process. It's quite entertaining. :lol:

One game. Look at their rebounding margin this year....Something close to +10 a game.

 

They have been outrebounded in both league games so far and gave up 16 offensive rebounds to both Auburn and South Carolina.

Coach Cal tweet:

 

UKCoachCalipari John Calipari

I think the game was a sellout too. I'll have to check with @jerrytipton to see if I'm wrong about that though.

 

Cal loves taking shots a people.

I love how you try to act like you have some sort of inside knowledge of Cal's thought process. It's quite entertaining. :lol:

 

No more so that you diehards believing every single word that comes out of the coach's mouth, even though it's a well-established fact that the overwhelming majority of college coaches are shady scumbags who speak out of both sides of their mouth. I'm just able to read between the lines and see the world for what it is, rather than some pie-in-the-sky idealism.

I'm going off on a tangent here but, watching the game last night, I concluded that Darius Miller can make it in the NBA. I think he has the body, basketball skills and temperament to be a role player and a good teammate.

 

I'm with you and have said it from the start of the season. He will be a second round pick.

That may be the public line he's espousing, but that's not the reality of the situation. He's scared to put his team at risk early, because there's a greater chance of a loss in a road game where deferential officials and a full house of rabid fans gives his team the decided advantage. It's no different than Rick's incessant whining about Freedom Hall's unavailability during December (before the move to the Chicken Bucket), forcing him to have to be on the road too much early and take losses.

 

So in your mind, it makes sense to have 3 of your hardest OOC games be on the same home/away rotation?

 

According to you, who DOES do a good job scheduling away games?

 

Here are the OOC away games from the current top 25:

Cuse @ NCST

UK @ IU

UNC @ UNC Asheville, UK

Baylor @ NW, BYU

tOSU @ KU, South Carolina

MSU @ East Mich, Gonzaga

IU @ Evansville, NCST

Duke @ tOSU, Temple

Mizz @ ODU

KU @ USC

Gtown @ Chaminade, Bama

UNLV @ UCSB, Wichita, Wisconsin

UM @ UVA, Oakland

UofL @ Butler, UK

Murray @ Morgan St, UAB, Alaska-Anchorage, WKU, Memphis

UVA @ Oregan, Seattle, LSU

UConn @ .....

KState @ VT

UF @ tOSU, Cuse, Rutgers

Miss St @ Detroit

Gonzaga @ Illinois, XU

SDSU @ Baylor, Zona, UCSB, USD

Creighton @ UAB, SDSU, St Joes, Tulsa,

Seton Hall @ Dayton, Longwood

Marq @ Wisconsin, LSU

I think Teague just missed another layup.

 

There's something about Teague that just seems to keep this team from clicking imo. There's no flow in their offense and a lot of it starts with him.

I think Teague just missed another layup.

 

There's something about Teague that just seems to keep this team from clicking imo. There's no flow in their offense and a lot of it starts with him.

 

I feel like a lot of times he probably feels like he hasn't done enough or made a big play and then he forces something. Happened a few times last night.

I'm going off on a tangent here but, watching the game last night, I concluded that Darius Miller can make it in the NBA. I think he has the body, basketball skills and temperament to be a role player and a good teammate.

 

I think Darius will play in the NBA. He's versatile, can hit the outside shot, and knows his role. He is the very poor man's Shane Battier.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.