Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville vs. Kentucky Predictions

Who wins on New Year's Eve? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins on New Year's Eve?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cats by a whole bunch. Cards can't do much offensively and if UK's shooters are hitting, it won't be close as Louisville's zone has done a VERY poor job of closing out on the perimeter.

  • Author

Since Cal has arrived, a big man has dominated this game. Cousins in 2009-10 season (18 pts & 18 rebs). Jorts in 2010-11 season (23 pts & 14 rebs). Will be interesting to see if that two-year trend continues.

 

On the UL side, I look for them to be big-time aggressive on the defensive end--especially with Terrence Jones. I do think they'll try to go after his finger. If I were them, that's what I would do. I also look for them to put a lot of pressure on Teague when bringing the ball up, but slacking off once in the half-court set. And I think if I'm Pitino, my #1 priority is to get Anthony Davis into foul trouble. UK is a completely different team when he's not on the floor.

 

On the UK side, you have to zero in on Kuric and other perimeter scoring threats. Additionally, the Cats absolutely have to hit the boards hard, because UL can do some damage on the offensive glass. Turnovers need to be kept to a minimum, which will be hard to do given the nature of the game.

Love this quote from MKG: "I know that these types of games can get very physical...I'm going to have a lot of fun with Louisville."

I'm voting with my heart, not my head. :D Louisville by at least 1. :lol:

I think Kentucky probably wins due to the fact that it's at home, but I haven't really been impressed with either team.

Cats win an athletic mismatch 77-62

Cats 73 Cards 60

I look for UL to try and get Davis in early foul trouble. If that happens UK is in trouble. Talented or not, UK still relies upon 3 Freshman to carry the load of this team. That is why no result will shock me.

I'm predicting a very big game for Jones. 21 points and 12 boards.

 

Dickie V said 74-68. I'm gonna go 79-71.

I'd love for more than anything to see the Cards get it done, but they will have to play a full 40 minutes to do it. They will not be able to turn the ball over a lot and need to do good on the glass. If both does not happen, I think the Cats will win by at least ten.

UK 86

UofL 77

 

Go Cats

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.