Elder 67 CovCath 51

Are you kidding? This was one of the worst high shcool games I've seen this season and maybe in awhile. So UGLY. Only thing pretty was Jacobs 3/4 court one hand heave that went straight in the basket. That gave CCH the lead. I went and got a hot dog and a drink and came back with CCH down by 6 and never gettting close to that again. I have no idea what happened.

Timmy was missed very much so in this game. The pressure that Elder puts on the guards in like nothing CCH is going to see probably the rest of the season. You guys think DEFENSE might be preached a little bit at Elder.

The worst thing TJ could have done was go out and score 37 last week and let Elder see who the offense really runs through. He just could never get into the groove.

Until Tim gets back CCH needs to find a pg who isn't going to turn the ballover, but again alot of those turnovers could have just been caused by Elder's great defensive effort.

I'm sure Elder plays awesome "D" but I'm sure it was made looked a little better with Tierney out. If he is still out for the Holmes game and Rice is back for Holmes I expect alot of the same in the Holmes game. Lets face it, CCH backup PG is not going to get much done against Jefferson.

Tierney is the one of if not the only pg in the region who can have an effective game in against DJ.

What is Elder ranked in Cincy?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A we we sighting? Nice. :D

Big Stud - Somebody mentioned that Elder is 6th in Cincinnati.

I believe this breaks Cov Cath's 2 game win streak over the Panthers.

CCH will be fine - if this Elder team is anything similar to their teams in the past, and it sounds like they are identical, then they'd give any team in NKY problems.

One last thing...if Schult is 6'5'' then I may be 6'6'' or so. Noll could be 6'5'', he's probably 6'4''. Young is 6'3'', pushing 6'4''. Schult is probably 6'3''.

First off he is not a center and you haven't played anybody as strong as him.....He out hustles and out muscles people to the ball....I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks. :thumb: :thumb:

Have you seen Elder? I've have seen Highlands and Giudugli. He is huge. But Elder had 2 or 3 guys built like Gino Jr. Not to mention Rudolph is probably bigger. Taller and just a strong.

Wait until they get a taste of HHS D.........That should be a great game.....If they don't toughen up by then Guidugli will man handle them down low....... :banana: :banana:

I like his physical play which is something the 9th region lacks desperately in my opinion. Sometimes tho he gets tries to get to physical and ends up getting called for traveling which is just somethin he needs to work on.

No way Mike Young is 6"5. Noll is 6"5. Schult is probably 6"4. Regardles, none of them were physical enough.

I know for a fact that none of these kids are as strong as Guigduli. But have you ever seen Billy Schult play? He out hustles everyone on the floor and is one of the only kids that i have seen that dives all over the floor for balls. He also isnt selfish, knows when to shoot and when to pass. Not as strong but he hustles more than anyone i have seen play this year.

This is not what Tim is telling me. He expects to be back for the game against Holmes.

You are definitely closer to the situation then cshs81 and I, but I can vouch that he personally told he and I that he would miss the Holmes game last week. I am glad to hear that his time-table is being moved up, although I would rather make sure he is 100% healed for the long haul. That game in January doesn't mean much.

I agree with ColonelFan......When we go down state, the play is rougher and it is difficult to adjust. I don't like the rough style, but as a realist, you have to be able to match it or you will end up on the short end of the rebounding and shooting percentages. Smith and Lorenzen et al were able to do more than hold their own. Ryle was pressed hard and bumped often and lost a game to a team that they would have beaten had the game been called the way a game is called in No. Ky. There have been others.

Enquirer photo link:

Photos: CovCath-Elder

Photo #2 may upset the Appalachian posters on the board. :lol:

Why would it upset Appalachian posters? The caption says the students were mocking N. Ky. Anyways, no one in KY should be upset just because a few Ohio citizens show their ignorance, even if it was all in fun... :cool: