Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross Transfer?

Featured Replies

I heard that a sophmore football player from Holmes has now transfered to Holy Cross. Was this Scruggs?

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Replies 128
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea..this is news to me.......

Heard the same. Not sure how true it is.

Well that better than the kid from Cincinnati who came to play basketball, and all the kids they would bus in years ago to help out the sports team.

Well that better than the kid from Cincinnati who came to play basketball, and all the kids they would bus in years ago to help out the sports team.

 

How many kids did they "bus in?"

  • Author

For some reason I don't see a problem with a kid from COVINGTON going to COVINGTON Holy Cross.

He can go there but will have to sit out a year athletically.

 

They have been pursuing this kid for a while from what I have been told.

 

There seemingly been a Reformation at Holy Cross.

Minority grants in aid from the diocese, has been a boon for Holy Cross the last couple of years, plus hiring some staff people with connections.

Edited by LeeCorso

How many kids did they "bus in?"

 

At one point there was about 5 football players coming on a bus from Avondale. I think Koz drove it himself!:lol:

At one point there was about 5 football players coming on a bus from Avondale. I think Koz drove it himself!:lol:

 

He got the bus from the same company Beechwood and Highlands uses.:clap:

Sit out??

 

I doubt it.

 

See McCelnden, Pouncy and Herndon.

 

None of them sat out a year.

He got the bus from the same company Beechwood and Highlands uses.:clap:

 

We need to find out who owns that bus company.

He got the bus from the same company Beechwood and Highlands uses.:clap:

 

NCC and CCH both are charter members! Just ask Sullivan!

NCC and CCH both are charter members! Just ask Sullivan!

 

Come on Spart, we don't use buses, we pick them up in style.......LIMOUSINES and CRISTAL CHAMPAGNE.:clap:

I have no problem with kids going to school wherever they feel it is best for them. However, I am curious as to how Holy Cross is seemingly getting around the KHSAA transfer rule. Basically, if you play a varsity sport, you are supposed to sit out a year. Pouncy was Ludlow's starting QB and then is allowed to play for Holy Cross the next season. I believe McClendon played varsity basketball for Holmes and was allowed to play for Holy Cross the next season. If it is Scruggs transferring, he was a starting player for Holmes so KHSAA rules say he sits out next year at Holy Cross. It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe Holy Cross has found some kind of a loophole in the rules?

:idunno:

I have no problem with kids going to school wherever they feel it is best for them. However, I am curious as to how Holy Cross is seemingly getting around the KHSAA transfer rule. Basically, if you play a varsity sport, you are supposed to sit out a year. Pouncy was Ludlow's starting QB and then is allowed to play for Holy Cross the next season. I believe McClendon played varsity basketball for Holmes and was allowed to play for Holy Cross the next season. If it is Scruggs transferring, he was a starting player for Holmes so KHSAA rules say he sits out next year at Holy Cross. It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe Holy Cross has found some kind of a loophole in the rules?

:idunno:

 

Did they move?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.