Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse new #1

Featured Replies

So Ohio State gets to stay at #2? I guess because they played without Sullinger. Although, UK played without Terrence Jones. :D
:lol:

I haven't really got to see Syracuse play any this year. Are they better than UK, OSU, and UNC? How do they compare to UL?

  • Author
Definitely agree with not moving the Buckeyes.

 

 

Why? Kentucky pretty much man handled Kansas. Yes, it was on a neutral court, but I still can't see not dropping Ohio State.

I'm a little shocked that OSU didn't drop any, but that's because I thought Louisville would move up to #2. They're definitely doing things a little differently this year in the polls. I'm not saying that's wrong, since for once they seem to be considering factors other than just "they lost, move 'em down". I really thought OSU would be 3 and UK 4 behind Louisville at 2.

Why? Kentucky pretty much man handled Kansas. Yes, it was on a neutral court, but I still can't see not dropping Ohio State.

 

OSU did play without their best player. I can understand keeping them at number 2.

 

I thought it would play out:

 

1. Syracuse

2. UL

3. UK

4. OSU

5. UNC

 

The only UL game I've seen though is the Vandy one, and at the time Vandy was supposed to be pretty good. So having UK and OSU ahead of them based on their schedule to date seems acceptable. I see UK and OSU as a wash, so I'm fine with either being ahead of the other.

I haven't really got to see Syracuse play any this year. Are they better than UK, OSU, and UNC? How do they compare to UL?

 

Syracuse has looked quite good. It's hard to get a feel for how good they really are because Jim Boeheim never plays outside the Carrier Dome until January.

 

As for how they compare to Louisville... 'Cuse probably has more talent, but that's been the case a few times in recent years and Louisville still maintains a pretty impressive streak against them. Right now, Louisville barely looks like a Top 10 team, but Boeheim runs that zone-without-end and Pitino's got a few shooters on the team this year so Louisville's definitely got a good chance at winning. The games are at Louisville on Feb. 13 and at Syracuse on March 3 in the season finale.

Syracuse has looked quite good. It's hard to get a feel for how good they really are because Jim Boeheim never plays outside the Carrier Dome until January.

 

As for how they compare to Louisville... 'Cuse probably has more talent, but that's been the case a few times in recent years and Louisville still maintains a pretty impressive streak against them. Right now, Louisville barely looks like a Top 10 team, but Boeheim runs that zone-without-end and Pitino's got a few shooters on the team this year so Louisville's definitely got a good chance at winning. The games are at Louisville on Feb. 13 and at Syracuse on March 3 in the season finale.

 

Thanks for the info! I'm hoping Syracuse and OSU drop a game between now and the last week of December. Would love to see a 1 vs. 2 UK-UL matchup.

OSU did play without their best player. I can understand keeping them at number 2.

 

I thought it would play out:

 

1. Syracuse

2. UL

3. UK

4. OSU

5. UNC

 

The only UL game I've seen though is the Vandy one, and at the time Vandy was supposed to be pretty good. So having UK and OSU ahead of them based on their schedule to date seems acceptable. I see UK and OSU as a wash, so I'm fine with either being ahead of the other.

 

Hasn't Vandy been playing without their big man?

Hasn't Vandy been playing without their big man?

 

Yes, I know Festus has been out. I don't know if he's back yet, or when he will be back though. They should look a lot better once he's back in the rotation.

Looks good to me. Syracuse will lose eventually too, so if you really care about being #1, just don't lose again until that happens.

Thanks for the info! I'm hoping Syracuse and OSU drop a game between now and the last week of December. Would love to see a 1 vs. 2 UK-UL matchup.

 

If I remember correctly from something I read the other day, the game has never been played with both teams in the Top 10 at the same time... 1 vs. 2 would be insane. I probably wouldn't be a whole lot of fun to be around that day... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.