Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse new #1

Featured Replies

The right team is #1....Cuse was the best team coming into the season....they are now where they should be......best team in the country!!

If I remember correctly from something I read the other day, the game has never been played with both teams in the Top 10 at the same time... 1 vs. 2 would be insane. I probably wouldn't be a whole lot of fun to be around that day... :lol:

 

Seriously? They have never played with both in the top 10?? Wow... That stat just blew my mind.

 

I'd say if that were to happen, it is very probable that Rupp's atmosphere would top the UNC game. Sadly, as long as the old, crotchety folk buy up all the lower level, we will never get to have what IU did this weekend.

The right team is #1....Cuse was the best team coming into the season....they are now where they should be......best team in the country!!

 

Not for long.

Seriously? They have never played with both in the top 10?? Wow... That stat just blew my mind.

 

I'd say if that were to happen, it is very probable that Rupp's atmosphere would top the UNC game. Sadly, as long as the old, crotchety folk buy up all the lower level, we will never get to have what IU did this weekend.

 

It blew me away initially too, until I thought about it for a second. Kentucky's great years in the 1990s coincided with the last years of Denny Crum when Louisville was down and during the best years for Louisville (the roughly 10 years between 1975 and 1986), the two schools only played a few times.

It blew me away initially too, until I thought about it for a second. Kentucky's great years in the 1990s coincided with the last years of Denny Crum when Louisville was down and during the best years for Louisville (the roughly 10 years between 1975 and 1986), the two schools only played a few times.

 

During Rupp's 42 years at UK, the Cats only played the Cards 3 times (1948, 51, and 59). When they met in the Mid-East Regional Final in 1983, 24 years had past since they had played each other. They've played every year since.

I don't have that big of a problem with the new poll but I did think that U.L. would had moved to #3 if not 2. My top 5 right now.....

 

1. Syracuse

2. Louisville

3. Ohio State

4. Kentucky

5. UNC

 

(with #3 and 4 in a virtual tie)

Why? Kentucky pretty much man handled Kansas. Yes, it was on a neutral court, but I still can't see not dropping Ohio State.

 

No Sullinger & they were very competitive anyway. Plus the way they beat down Duke.

I'm a huge Cards fan, but they are not a top 10 team yet. Scrappy defense, but the offense just isn't there. New Year's Eve could seriously be a 20-25 point blowout loss. Syracuse can be incredibly explosive, they look like the top 5 team that they are right now.

X wins 2 games and drops a spot in the ESPN poll! Are they being punished for the fight?

Not for long.
Who is going to beat them?
I'm a huge Cards fan, but they are not a top 10 team yet. Scrappy defense, but the offense just isn't there. New Year's Eve could seriously be a 20-25 point blowout loss. Syracuse can be incredibly explosive, they look like the top 5 team that they are right now.

 

From what I've seen of them, I agree with your assessment. Very good defensive team, as Pitino's usually are. Offensively is where I have questions.

 

But I'm not sure about New Year's Eve. I believe UK will win, and I guess there's potential for a lopsided victory, but I don't see it happening. If UL hits the glass hard & makes the game sloppy they'll keep it close. Plus, I think they'll be more at full strength than they have been up to this point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.