Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier Suspensions

Featured Replies

I was also told by someone standing right there that there was contact with coach Davis' wife and that a police report was filed. The latter happened and the former is unknown at this point. I have also provided any and all video I could find on the incident even though it didn't back what I was told...

 

Exactly. There are lot of "reported" items many people have heard of in sports and yet they don't go to a board and post them. It's especially disappointing when it's from someone who wants to be viewed as a journalist/writer/reporter.

 

Like all involved I hope lessons were learned on overreacting.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Chris say he screwed up by letting the players talk (hello, SID, where were you).

Exactly. There are lot of "reported" items many people have heard of in sports and yet they don't go to a board and post them. It's especially disappointing when it's from someone who wants to be viewed as a journalist/writer/reporter.

 

Like all involved I hope lessons were learned on overreacting.

 

A police report was filed. I think that is enough to go to a board and post...

  • Author
Exactly. There are lot of "reported" items many people have heard of in sports and yet they don't go to a board and post them. It's especially disappointing when it's from someone who wants to be viewed as a journalist/writer/reporter.

 

Like all involved I hope lessons were learned on overreacting.

 

It was from respected people in and around UC athletics. I would not have gone with it if I wasn't fully confident in what I was told and reported as such. The woman's phone was smacked out of her hand and she 100% insisted on a police report being filed on site following the incident. Fact...

Anyone trying to defend any of these suspensions as just are destroying their credibility on here. Both schools showed they're nothing but cowards. Mick was simply playing for the cameras yesterday, and Xavier has handled this thing with one huge blunder after another. Completely embarrassing for both universities and the entire city.

Anyone trying to defend any of these suspensions as just are destroying their credibility on here. Both schools showed they're nothing but cowards. Mick was simply playing for the cameras yesterday, and Xavier has handled this thing with one huge blunder after another. Completely embarrassing for both universities and the entire city.

 

This

Cowards. Lost all respect for both the Xavier and UC programs after this joke.

 

Both teams sold out. Both afraid to hand out just suspensions to their "superstars." Win/loss record trumps right/wrong.

 

Agreed. It's pretty clear where their priorities lie. Cronin's remarks yesterday come across as hollow today. Whatever reputation Xavier had as the classy, does-everything-right Catholic school is severely tarnished.

I'd say XU's suspensions are right on par with UC's. If 6 games is the standard for a cheap shot that caused serious injury, then I agree with those handed out to XU players.

 

Of course, I don't actually agree with any of the suspensions handed out. All should have been more severe IMO.

Anyone trying to defend any of these suspensions as just are destroying their credibility on here. Both schools showed they're nothing but cowards. Mick was simply playing for the cameras yesterday, and Xavier has handled this thing with one huge blunder after another. Completely embarrassing for both universities and the entire city.

 

What should they have been and how do you rationalize it?

I seen some X players in their warm ups throwing punches as well. These players didn't get suspended?

I seen some X players in their warm ups throwing punches as well. These players didn't get suspended?

 

The walk-on that was swinging got 4 games.

Lyons and Holloway are both punks and both ran their mouth all day. Their post-game interviews were unbelievable. Showed their true colors! I lost what little respect I had for the Xavier program after their decision. I hope the gangster/thugs never win another game.

The walk-on that was swinging got 4 games.

 

Ok, thanks.

What should they have been and how do you rationalize it?

 

By NCAA rules.....You know the same people that hold a little tournament at the end year says.....if a player throws a punch it is a 1 game suspension. If another punch is thrown, they are done for the year. How many punches were thrown again by multiple players(both teams) on multiple occasions yesterday......Cowards!! There should of been kids cleaning out their lockers today! IMO....

By NCAA rules.....You know the same people that hold a little tournament at the end year says.....if a player throws a punch it is a 1 game suspension. If another punch is thrown, they are done for the year. How many punches were thrown again by multiple players(both teams) on multiple occasions yesterday......Cowards!! There should of been kids cleaning out their lockers today! IMO....

 

Your ditty above in no way answered my question. All you did was state what we already knew - you get a one-game suspension for throwing a punch. Did someone ask that question and I missed it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.