Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 62 Old Dominion 52

Featured Replies

Miller must and will start real soon....I hated to see Jones right back to his old ways when things aren't going well...no production offensively or defensively...just stood around with his mouth open and watched most of the game.....Cats must have him involved to get to where they need to be.....

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why must Miller start? Lamb is a better athlete, shooter, handler, and defender than Miller.

 

MKG is better at everything, except 3 point shooting.

Why must Miller start? Lamb is a better athlete, shooter, handler, and defender than Miller.

 

MKG is better at everything, except 3 point shooting.

 

I don't think you can compare Miller and Lamb unless you're saying it's for the 2 spot.

 

They're just different. Lamb can't guard a 3. Miller can't guard a 2.

He's fine. He can shoot fairly well. He penetrates really well. He'll get under control. He plays good D. I can live with 4 TOs.

But didn't he have 5 in the 1st half Sun. Too much in one half compared to his assist ratio.

But didn't he have 5 in the 1st half Sun. Too much in one half compared to his assist ratio.

 

I'm not sure about the half, but for the game Teague and MKG combined for 11 of the 21 turnovers between the two of them.

But didn't he have 5 in the 1st half Sun. Too much in one half compared to his assist ratio.

 

So now we're measuring in halves played? Will TV timeouts be next?

 

Come on. It's a process. TOs happen with young guards.

So now we're measuring in halves played? Will TV timeouts be next?

 

Come on. It's a process. TOs happen with young guards.

 

Especially young guards who play in a very fast-paced offense, or the dribble-drive offense.

I like Miller & I want him to succeed more than anyone on this team because he's a Kentuckian. I believe the top six will all get their share of minutes, but I like Darius as the sixth man. He's the most versatile player on the roster. So if Davis picks up two quick ones, Darius can come in and play the three or four (with Gilchrist), while Jones goes to the 5. Or if Lamb picks up two fouls, he can come in and play the 2 on the offensive end and the 3 on the defensive end (even though 2's & 3's aren't much different in Cal's offensive system). Same thing if Teague picks up 2 fouls--Lamb can slide to the point while Darius comes in and takes his place at the 2.

 

I think Darius being from Kentucky & his being the main senior on this squad have most to do with people wanting him to start. But I think he's best suited as the sixth man/utility man because no one else on the team can play the multiple positions he can.

Lets visit those stats again in about 10 games.

 

Gladly. Stats usually have a way of dispelling the "eye test" arguments.

I like Miller & I want him to succeed more than anyone on this team because he's a Kentuckian. I believe the top six will all get their share of minutes, but I like Darius as the sixth man. He's the most versatile player on the roster. So if Davis picks up two quick ones, Darius can come in and play the three or four (with Gilchrist), while Jones goes to the 5. Or if Lamb picks up two fouls, he can come in and play the 2 on the offensive end and the 3 on the defensive end (even though 2's & 3's aren't much different in Cal's offensive system). Same thing if Teague picks up 2 fouls--Lamb can slide to the point while Darius comes in and takes his place at the 2.

 

I think Darius being from Kentucky & his being the main senior on this squad have most to do with people wanting him to start. But I think he's best suited as the sixth man/utility man because no one else on the team can play the multiple positions he can.

 

Totally agree. James Lee was a very successful 6th man and those KY teams would not have done it without him. Miller strikes me as the kind of guy who would do anything to help the team achieve its goals.

Gladly. Stats usually have a way of dispelling the "eye test" arguments.

 

I don't think we'll see much of a change in Gilly's %.....Miller's has no where to go but up.

I don't think we'll see much of a change in Gilly's %.....Miller's has no where to go but up.

 

I hope you're right. His perimeter shooting has been a pleasant surprise thus far.

I hope he's right too, but I think as the season plays out, he finished about 36-37%. Still, nothing I'm compaining about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.