Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 62 Old Dominion 52

Featured Replies

Agreed. Although to never have a "down" half over the course of an entire season might be tough - even for a Mason County product.thumb[1].gif

 

Well done.:D

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darius is better than MKG right now... 15 games from now might be a completely different scenario.

 

I am a Darius guy but I am not sure you can make that claim. MKG does a lot of things that do not show up as points. I can see why he plays.

I am a Darius guy but I am not sure you can make that claim. MKG does a lot of things that do not show up as points. I can see why he plays.

 

I agree with you 100% on MKG. He is very good at what he does.

He also averaged more than double the amount of assists so far. Not to mention Wall averaged 16 PGG a game. I doubt we will see Teague get close to that. He is averaging 10 PPG right now. It's only been 4 games. He will figure it out by the end of the year. Lots of learning to be done between now and March.

 

Excellent points. Teague has been the most frustrating player in the early going. Wall was out of control a lot & his going too fast led to many turnovers, but his points, assists & even rebounds helped offset all that. I hope Clyde is right about Teague, but I acknowledge I don't have the confidence he does.

Darius was very assertive today & rallied us at the end of the 1st half. Then he made some big shots when the game got tight late. Hope he's able to continue that kind of play.

 

Old Dominion is the best team UK has played thus far IMO.

John Wall assists/TOs in his first few games:

 

5/5

6/6

11/2

6/5

5/5

14/1

7/7

2/7

8/1

6/6

 

PGs that play fast sometimes struggle early.

 

Let's not lose our minds on Teague.

Some of the same things were said about Wall in his first few games. He averaged 4.5 TO his first 10 games. As you can see above he had games with 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7 turnovers.

John Wall assists/TOs in his first few games:

 

5/5

6/6

11/2

6/5

5/5

14/1

7/7

2/7

8/1

6/6

 

PGs that play fast sometimes struggle early.

 

Let's not lose our minds on Teague.

 

I agree with all of this...stats don't lie. But as I stated earlier, Wall's points, rebounds & clutch play (see Miami OH, Stanford, UCONN) helped to offset the TO's and sometimes erratic play. Teague cannot say the same thus far.

Well, we know who the UK whipping boy is this year.

 

Maybe he can call Boogie or just go ask TJones how to handle it.

Well, we know who the UK whipping boy is this year.

 

Maybe he can call Boogie or just go ask TJones how to handle it.

 

Whipping boy is a bit strong.

 

Like I said, I hope you're right about Teague. The kid certainly has oodles of talent.

Some guy named Kyle Tucker posted this on Twitter...Cal's PG stats after first four games:

 

Teague 10.8 ppg, 18 TO, 11 ast.

Knight 16.3 ppg, 18 TO, 9 ast.

Wall 19 ppg, 18 TO, 28 ast.

 

Of the three, I would say Knight had the stiffest competition, followed by Teague & then Wall. To be fair to Teague, UK needed Wall & Knight to score for their teams more than Teague is needed to score this year.

Some guy named Kyle Tucker posted this on Twitter...Cal's PG stats after first four games:

 

Teague 10.8 ppg, 18 TO, 11 ast.

Knight 16.3 ppg, 18 TO, 9 ast.

Wall 19 ppg, 18 TO, 28 ast.

 

Of the three, I would say Knight had the stiffest competition, followed by Teague & then Wall.

 

Why are we having trouble following the point that I originally made? In no way am I saying Teague is John Wall. Teague is not going to be #1 in the draft.

 

However, where Teague and Wall are exactly the same is their early career struggle with TOs. It's really that simple.

Why are we having trouble following the point that I originally made? In no way am I saying Teague is John Wall. Teague is not going to be #1 in the draft.

 

However, where Teague and Wall are exactly the same is their early career struggle with TOs. It's really that simple.

 

I never stated you felt like Teague is Wall.

 

You're making a point that Teague is struggling with TO's, in the same way that Wall & Knight did. I agree. The stats don't lie.

 

What some of us are saying is that we can live with 4 TO per game too, if there were other things being done to compensate for the TO's. Wall & Knight provided those other things in the last two seasons. Teague has not, hence the concern.

 

An argument can be made that UK has looked a lot better at times this season w/o Teague on the floor. That could't be said the last two years with Wall & Knight.

Darius Miller had a very solid game. Marquis Teague needs to slow down and not rush the offense as much.
:thumb: on both.

 

Best thing that could have happened to them. A rugged team playing zone that got in their heads with chippy play. Definate teaching tool for Cal.

 

I agree, Miller showed us today what Cal meant by "leader/6th starter'. wiihout him today it would had been trouble. I also agree on was good for us to pla a team like O.D. in that they were physical with a few cheap shots thrown in. That may have openened some eyes with our guys.

Agreed. Although to never have a "down" half over the course of an entire season might be tough - even for a Mason County product.thumb[1].gif

I am not talking about points, but things that some won't notice. The extra pass like he did today, real hustle, things that are infectious to the others and spark them to do better. Saw that today in him and I believe the reason we won. Don't think that is too much to expect each game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.