Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 62 Old Dominion 52

Featured Replies

I hope he's right too, but I think as the season plays out, he finished about 36-37%. Still, nothing I'm compaining about.

 

:thumb:

 

Go assemble a list of guys with 70+ 3 point attempts last season that shot better than 38% (the number I think MKG ends up right around)...It isn't all that long. :lol:

  • Replies 89
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb:

 

Go assemble a list of guys with 70+ 3 point attempts last season that shot better than 38% (the number I think MKG ends up right around)...It isn't all that long. :lol:

Miller shot almost 70 last year and made .443 percent.
:thumb:

 

Go assemble a list of guys with 70+ 3 point attempts last season that shot better than 38% (the number I think MKG ends up right around)...It isn't all that long. :lol:

 

^60 players last year shot 36% or higher. I don't think that is right because I don't see a single UK player on the list.

^Milford, I know....I said I don't see MKG's going down all that much. I also said Miller's will go up. :idunno:

^60 players last year shot 36% or higher. I don't think that is right because I don't see a single UK player on the list.

 

That is not even close. Not sure why the NCAA site has that.

 

ESPN only listed the top 100 and the guy at 100 was 42.7% last year.

Last year...

 

Miller - 44.3%

Lamb - 48.6%

 

I was a little suprised to see Knight's, I would have thought his was better. He had 37.7%

Last year...

 

Miller - 44.3%

Lamb - 48.6%

 

I was a little suprised to see Knight's, I would have thought his was better. He had 37.7%

I can remember him missing a lot.:irked:
^But how many did they shoot?

 

Min 2 a game.

:lol: I know Darius played well yesterday, and I know he's a KY kid, so everyone wants him to be the star, but this team has 6 guys that are more talented than Darius on the roster. He'll get 20-25 minutes a game most games, and that's what he should see. You can't just play a kid because he's a hometown kid and a senior. You have to play the most talented guys because more often than not, they give you the best chance to win.

 

My reason for wanting Darius to play has nothing to do with him being a Ky kid. I don't care if we have any ky kids on our roster. My saying he needs more minutes than what he had really gotten so far is because it makes the team better. Yes it is nice to have talented players, but to make it far you also have to have team players, and just a chemistry out there. Miller gives that to them, and he has been through it. We have a roster full of talented guys, so it's not going to hurt the team playing him when you also have four other talented guys on the court with him. No doubt talent wise other players are better than him, however while he doesn't do one thing really great. He does do alot of things very well, like shooting, rebounding, driving into the lane against a zone defense, etc. He is a guy who needs more than just 20 to 25 minutes a game, he needs around 30.

My reason for wanting Darius to play has nothing to do with him being a Ky kid. I don't care if we have any ky kids on our roster. My saying he needs more minutes than what he had really gotten so far is because it makes the team better. Yes it is nice to have talented players, but to make it far you also have to have team players, and just a chemistry out there. Miller gives that to them, and he has been through it. We have a roster full of talented guys, so it's not going to hurt the team playing him when you also have four other talented guys on the court with him. No doubt talent wise other players are better than him, however while he doesn't do one thing really great. He does do alot of things very well, like shooting, rebounding, driving into the lane against a zone defense, etc. He is a guy who needs more than just 20 to 25 minutes a game, he needs around 30.

 

To me, this is what makes Darius the obvious choice for 6th man. He's a mature, team player. Younger players may not do as well coming off the bench because they don't know how to handle their role beyond being a starter. Miller understands it better and is more apt to adapt knowing he's there when he is needed the most. (see my James Lee illustration)

To me, this is what makes Darius the obvious choice for 6th man. He's a mature, team player. Younger players may not do as well coming off the bench because they don't know how to handle their role beyond being a starter. Miller understands it better and is more apt to adapt knowing he's there when he is needed the most. (see my James Lee illustration)

 

Good point! However the exact reason why you said it would not be good to have a young guy off the bench, is why I would have a young guy at 6th man. Miller is a guy I think you need to start, especially in big games because he will be a calming influence to start the game. Then if you say had one of these talented freshman as the 6th man, a guy who will come in with instant energy and looking to score to jump start the team if struggling would be good. Miller is a guy you need on the court, however at the 6th man I want someone who will come in with lots of energy as a scorer. Miller is a good guy to have on the court, but his nature is usually not like that to come in looking to score right away and instant energy even though he did do that this game.

 

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup with Teague being the sixth man. Then have Lamb, MKG, Miller, Jones, and Davis start the game. Then when Teague came in he really could bring an energy off the bench.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup with Teague being the sixth man. Then have Lamb, MKG, Miller, Jones, and Davis start the game. Then when Teague came in he really could bring an energy off the bench.

 

Offensively, sure that sounds great. Defensively I think we are going to want Teague in there to start the game, especially like against UNC, to guard Kendall Marshall. Teague will be able to provide some strong full court pressure to him, which will will definitely be beneficial to the Cats.

 

Teague is only going to get better. We just need to give him time to develop a little.

Everyone gets wayyyy too worried about who is starting. Who cares if Miller starts as long as he is playing 25-30 minutes a game? Who starts is the most overrated thing in basketball most of the time. MKG starts because he is non stop in your face every second he is in. Cal wants that kind of intensity to start the game. And I don't think Lamb should sit out unless he is in foul trouble or is dead tired.

So now we're measuring in halves played? Will TV timeouts be next?

 

Come on. It's a process. TOs happen with young guards.

No, I didn't mean it that way. But UK had to fight from behind because of the sloppy play early on. Lucky to be ahead at the half. Teague plays a much better 2nd half and UK wins. He is very inconsistent right now. He will be fine. Only you, were measuring halves. I'm measuring having your team in a position to win.....Or lose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.