Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OVC denies NKU the opportunity to join Conference

Featured Replies

So which conference can they be expected to apply to next? The Sun Belt and the Horizon league seem like they'd be the best fits geographically, but I don't know much about either.

 

Those were the first two that came to my mind.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it has to do more with the facilities. The Bank of Kentucky Center and the Soccer stadium at NKU are top notch.

 

Do they have a weight room facilities for the athletes other than the student rec center?

  • Author
Do they have a weight room facilities for the athletes other than the student rec center?

 

They have one in the BOKC. I've only walked passed it once, and never been in it. So I'm not sure how big it is (since NKU doesn't have football, I'm not sure that really matters), but it looked really nice. I'm positive the basketball teams use it and I would think that the other teams do as well. I've never been in the locker rooms.

I think it has to do more with the facilities. The Bank of Kentucky Center and the Soccer stadium at NKU are top notch.

 

I'm having a hard time understanding why a conference would deny a potential member admission because its facilities were too good.

Hey - we are the OVC - home of substandard facilities! Unusual marketing ploy.

  • Author
I'm having a hard time understanding why a conference would deny a potential member admission because its facilities were too good.

 

Its not like I'm the one making it up, and I would considering President James Votruba of NKU a pretty good source.

^ I'm not doubting you or your source. I just have a hard time grasping the "logic."

NKU waited too long to make this move and then the landscape of leagues has changed. There is something to be said about making a move before everything is "perfect". Thanks for the info MJAlltheWay24.

They have one in the BOKC. I've only walked passed it once, and never been in it. So I'm not sure how big it is (since NKU doesn't have football, I'm not sure that really matters), but it looked really nice. I'm positive the basketball teams use it and I would think that the other teams do as well. I've never been in the locker rooms.

 

The lockers rooms are very nice. Wood lockers really well done. State of the art.

I'm having a hard time understanding why a conference would deny a potential member admission because its facilities were too good.

 

I don't.

 

Seems like spin from NKU.

The lockers rooms are very nice. Wood lockers really well done. State of the art.

 

I bet that was the deal breaker.:D

  • Author
I don't.

 

Seems like spin from NKU.

 

I may be biased, but I have a hard time believing that President Votruba would just spin/make this up: Concerns of competitive balance were cited as the reason, with some institutions feeling that NKU's facilities, geographic recruiting advantages and competitive funding model could result in our dominating the conference.

Hate to hear this for NKU. They are in an awkward position of being probably too good for a smaller conference, but not good enough for a larger one. I feel the OVC was definitely the best fit for them. Hopefully they can find a conference that will allow them to become a D1 school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.