Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OVC denies NKU the opportunity to join Conference

Featured Replies

Looking like maybe NKU will look at the Summit and Atl Sun.

 

Nothing brings the crowds like NKU vs Stetson or Kennesaw State.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing brings the crowds like NKU vs Stetson or Kennesaw State.

 

Would have been cool for them to be playing other in state schools.

  • Author
Nothing brings the crowds like NKU vs Stetson or Kennesaw State.

 

Would have been cool for them to be playing other in state schools.

 

Not that they would have sold out the arena ny any means, but part of the reason I was looking forward to the OVC was because I thought the crowd might be a little larger versus the in-state rivals. Crowds for Stetson and Kennesaw State will be no different than what they already draw for Wisconsin-Parkside and Drury unfortunately.

Not that they would have sold out the arena ny any means, but part of the reason I was looking forward to the OVC was because I thought the crowd might be a little larger versus the in-state rivals. Crowds for Stetson and Kennesaw State will be no different than what they already draw for Wisconsin-Parkside and Drury unfortunately.

 

Right. This move is not looking promising.

 

They'll be yearning for the days of the "big Bellarmine crowd."

Not that they would have sold out the arena ny any means, but part of the reason I was looking forward to the OVC was because I thought the crowd might be a little larger versus the in-state rivals. Crowds for Stetson and Kennesaw State will be no different than what they already draw for Wisconsin-Parkside and Drury unfortunately.

 

Right. This move is not looking promising.

 

They'll be yearning for the days of the "big Bellarmine crowd."

 

Agreed.

Would have been cool for them to be playing other in state schools.

 

Most definitely.

They have one in the BOKC. I've only walked passed it once, and never been in it. So I'm not sure how big it is (since NKU doesn't have football, I'm not sure that really matters), but it looked really nice. I'm positive the basketball teams use it and I would think that the other teams do as well. I've never been in the locker rooms.
Yes all sports teams use the weight and training room.
The lockers rooms are very nice. Wood lockers really well done. State of the art.
Yes they are very nice. The wood locker rooms are only for the Mens and Womens bball teams. They are 4 visitor locker room that the other sports teams may use when using the weight and training rooms. Those locker rooms are also the one's used for high school tourneys and performers of events/concerts.
So what's the real reason then?

 

No clue. I just find it hard to believe a school was denied access to a conference because their gym was too nice.

 

Has to be more to it that either NKU doesn't know or isn't telling us.

No clue. I just find it hard to believe a school was denied access to a conference because their gym was too nice.

 

Has to be more to it that either NKU doesn't know or isn't telling us.

 

They didn't say just the gym, said "Concerns of competitive balance were cited as the reason, with some institutions feeling that NKU's facilities, geographic recruiting advantages and competitive funding model could result in our dominating the conference."

They didn't say just the gym, said "Concerns of competitive balance were cited as the reason, with some institutions feeling that NKU's facilities, geographic recruiting advantages and competitive funding model could result in our dominating the conference."

 

How is NKU different than EKU in funding model?

 

EKU can't come to Cincinnati/NKY to recruit? Come on.

 

I don't buy it. There has to be more to it or else the conference is raising their hand and saying "we're afraid."

How is NKU different than EKU in funding model?

 

EKU can't come to Cincinnati/NKY to recruit? Come on.

 

I don't buy it. There has to be more to it or else the conference is raising their hand and saying "we're afraid."

 

C'mon Clyde, "we have learned that while a significant majority of the league's presidents - including the presidents from Eastern Kentucky University, Morehead State University and Murray State University - have voted to extend an invitation to NKU, the requisite 75 percent has not been met."

 

Doesn't sound like EKU was one of the schools that had a problem with the competitive advantages, does it?

C'mon Clyde, "we have learned that while a significant majority of the league's presidents - including the presidents from Eastern Kentucky University, Morehead State University and Murray State University - have voted to extend an invitation to NKU, the requisite 75 percent has not been met."

 

Doesn't sound like EKU was one of the schools that had a problem with the competitive advantages, does it?

 

Pay attention, son. I didn't say EKU had a problem. I used them to show the absurdity that any OTHER school would have to show to use that as an excuse.

 

I think NKU got burned. They floated the OVC story a while ago and now it turns out they're not that interesting to the OVC.

 

They are now scrambling to find a crappy conference to play in.

For the record, I'm a proud NKU alum.

 

With that, what is appealing to any conference in regards to NKU?

 

They're a blip on the college b-ball screen in the metro area.

 

They have zero fan support.

 

They have very few students on campus to suppor the team. You think students are going to go home and then drive back to see Kennesaw State?

 

As a good friend said their radio deal is 2 tin cans and a string.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.