Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OVC denies NKU the opportunity to join Conference

Featured Replies

Basketball is the only sport that the conferences will use to determine if they're interested in NKU. The rest is fluff.

 

No radio presence.

 

No fan support.

 

99% of NKY sports fans cannot name the starting 5 for NKU.

 

That's not good.

 

Went to a game last December that the Norse ended up winning. After it was over, the group I was with was talking some with one of the NKU players. He said that he & the team were motivated by the crowd--that this was the biggest crowd they'd seen all year. I was stunned because of how small I thought it was.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confirmed that it was three Tennessee schools that were against the invitation.

I have a hard time grasping the logic too. If they are really be held back due to the lack of football that is ridiculous. I would now like to see them apply to the Sun Belt, Horizon League, and on a big stretch apply to the A-10.

 

 

If they can get accepted into a conference, I would like to see NKU give serious consideration to adding a football program. It would be great for the university, a good source of revenue, and another opportunity for kids to play D-1 football. There is enough land around NKU to build a football stadium. My first suggestion for use of land would be to buy out the land where Burger King, Wendy's and Furniture Fair are located and begin building then.

 

NKU's first head football coach.......Dale Mueller!!

  • Author
I have a hard time grasping the logic too. If they are really be held back due to the lack of football that is ridiculous. I would now like to see them apply to the Sun Belt, Horizon League, and on a big stretch apply to the A-10.

 

 

If they can get accepted into a conference, I would like to see NKU give serious consideration to adding a football program. It would be great for the university, a good source of revenue, and another opportunity for kids to play D-1 football. There is enough land around NKU to build a football stadium. My first suggestion for use of land would be to buy out the land where Burger King, Wendy's and Furniture Fair are located and begin building then.

 

NKU's first head football coach.......Dale Mueller!!

 

I don't think that NKU will see a football team any time soon...or ever really. And in my opinion its because of the reasons that you stated. It actually wouldn't be a good source of revenue for the school, they would have a really hard time coming out in the black off of it. And there isn't enough land around NKU. That is one of the problems the school is currently facing because it is somewhat landlocked. Do you realize the amount of money it would cost to buy out Burger King, Wendy's, Furniture Fair, the land...and we haven't even talked about how expensive the actual stadium would cost.

 

They could prove me wrong, but I doubt NKU see a football team in the next 30 years. Hopefully I am wrong and still around to eat crow.

I don't think that NKU will see a football team any time soon...or ever really. And in my opinion its because of the reasons that you stated. It actually wouldn't be a good source of revenue for the school, they would have a really hard time coming out in the black off of it. And there isn't enough land around NKU. That is one of the problems the school is currently facing because it is somewhat landlocked. Do you realize the amount of money it would cost to buy out Burger King, Wendy's, Furniture Fair, the land...and we haven't even talked about how expensive the actual stadium would cost.

 

They could prove me wrong, but I doubt NKU see a football team in the next 30 years. Hopefully I am wrong and still around to eat crow.

Don't take away Wendy's! Lol. If they did build one if would probably go right by the entrance in front of the soccer stadium. Quite a bit of empty land there. Years ago it was rumored to be a small hotel with shopping outlets and nightclubs.
  • Author
Don't take away Wendy's! Lol. If they did build one if would probably go right by the entrance in front of the soccer stadium. Quite a bit of empty land there. Years ago it was rumored to be a small hotel with shopping outlets and nightclubs.

 

If you're talking about where the old Alumni House used to sit up by 27, then I always heard there was talks of a hotel going in there as well. Not sure if that has fallen through or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.