December 12, 201114 yr Tebow cannot be fazed. When told of Urlacher's comment he said something like "coming from a great football player I take that as a compliment." You can't get under the kid's skin. Of all the things to admire about Tebow, I admit...that's what I admire the most. I am completely envious.
December 12, 201114 yr I know Tebow has beat some bad teams, BUT look at the offensive talent around him? Willis at RB? He's old and broke downin the knee. They gave away his best WR to the Rams? I couldn't even make a good guess who his TE is...Denver has done everything they can to make him lose and he refuses to lose. With the supporting cast around him, he's doing better than most NFL qbs could do. If this were Michael Vick doing this, a lot would be clamoring about what a playmaker he is. I think a lot of hate he receives is due to envy, and how his faith makes others feel inadequate in their own faith.
December 12, 201114 yr I know Tebow has beat some bad teams, BUT look at the offensive talent around him? Willis at RB? He's old and broke downin the knee. They gave away his best WR to the Rams? I couldn't even make a good guess who his TE is...Denver has done everything they can to make him lose and he refuses to lose. With the supporting cast around him, he's doing better than most NFL qbs could do. If this were Michael Vick doing this, a lot would be clamoring about what a playmaker he is. I think a lot of hate he receives is due to envy, and how his faith makes others feel inadequate in their own faith. If I am not mistaken McGahee just topped 1000 yards or is getting ready to. Obviously he isn't done yet. I agree with mexitucky and it is my take that a lot of the hate is coming from the hype surrounding an NFL qb still learning how to properly throw a tight spiral but still finds a way to beat crappy teams. His faith has nothing to do with anything for me but it bothers me when people act like Tebow is winning because God is on his and the Broncos side like his pastor recently claimed. It bothers me when people act like he is the first Christian ever in the NFL also. I can do without all of that for sure.
December 12, 201114 yr In a sporting world full of Chad Johnson's, Tu Hollaway, and the Cincinnati Bearcats I can't for the life of me understand why some choose to hate Tebow. I hope my sons grow up to be like him and my daughters marry someone like him.
December 12, 201114 yr In a sporting world full of Chad Johnson's, Tu Hollaway, and the Cincinnati Bearcats I can't for the life of me understand why some choose to hate Tebow. I hope my sons grow up to be like him and my daughters marry someone like him. :thumb:
December 12, 201114 yr PP, no offense but pass me what you're drinking if you think Tebow has at least average offensive players surrounding him.
December 12, 201114 yr Like you said...he has had how many starts? 11? But the hype says he is a winner? Because he has beaten who? It cracks me up that he has been anointed Football Jesus and whatnot when to date his greatest victory is over a Jets team that is lead by another 'winner' in Mark Sanchez. I need more proof in the pudding before I start anointing Tebow as a winner at the NFL level. 11 starts isn't nearly enough to figure out how good someone is. Ask Josh Freeman. Or Mark Sanchez. Or Rex Grossman. I think a lot of the hype has to do with how the Broncos are winning - just when it looks like they are beaten, they come back at the last minute and pull out a win. I honestly think that if they had the same record, and Tebow had a 100+ QB rating, and they were not coming from behind, most people would shrug and be say, "Hmm, I guess Tebow can play after all." But when you combine his unorthodox QB skills, his faith, and "miraculous" comebacks, it creates a frenzy of extreme emotions, both positive and negative.
December 12, 201114 yr In a sporting world full of Chad Johnson's, Tu Hollaway, and the Cincinnati Bearcats I can't for the life of me understand why some choose to hate Tebow. I hope my sons grow up to be like him and my daughters marry someone like him. I hate Tebow the athlete. I don't know him as a person. I also tell my kids not to have athletes as role models. They'll let you down everytime.
December 12, 201114 yr PP, no offense but pass me what you're drinking if you think Tebow has at least average offensive players surrounding him. Never said that. Just stating that McGahee has had a good year running the ball. 1,000 yards through week 14 is pretty good is it not?
December 12, 201114 yr I think a lot of the hype has to do with how the Broncos are winning - just when it looks like they are beaten, they come back at the last minute and pull out a win. I honestly think that if they had the same record, and Tebow had a 100+ QB rating, and they were not coming from behind, most people would shrug and be say, "Hmm, I guess Tebow can play after all." But when you combine his unorthodox QB skills, his faith, and "miraculous" comebacks, it creates a frenzy of extreme emotions, both positive and negative. That makes sense. The last sentence is dead on.
December 12, 201114 yr Never said that. Just stating that McGahee has had a good year running the ball. 1,000 yards through week 14 is pretty good is it not? Yea but he has no one to throw it to!
December 12, 201114 yr See you in hell, PP. :lol: :lol: I'll confess my sins to Tebow and hopefully I'll be fine.
December 13, 201114 yr I hate Tebow the athlete. I don't know him as a person. I also tell my kids not to have athletes as role models. They'll let you down everytime. PP, people in general will let you down, not just athletes. Given that, why hate on Tebow when he hasn't given any indication what so ever as being a bad example to follow?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.