Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 108 Marist 58

Featured Replies

Lesson #1, leave Davis for a double team and he's going to drop the deuce. PG is still the key, Teague seems to like to play defense with his hands and if he get's into foul trouble early they could struggle a bit. With that being said they have plenty of athletic ability to survive even if they are playing short at the point. A very impressive second half, I love the way they get out and push the tempo.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lesson #1, leave Davis for a double team and he's going to drop the deuce. PG is still the key, Teague seems to like to play defense with his hands and if he get's into foul trouble early they could struggle a bit. With that being said they have plenty of athletic ability to survive even if they are playing short at the point. A very impressive second half, I love the way they get out and push the tempo.

 

I thought Lamb looked pretty good running the point, he should be solid at the position for stretches if we need him.

I thought Lamb looked pretty good running the point, he should be solid at the position for stretches if we need him.

 

Agreed. Lamb quietly put up solid numbers last night.

 

Davis is a freak, but will have to get tougher, as BCG was often prone to say. Much the same for Wiltjer.

 

And I believe Kidd-Gilchrist is the unquestioned leader of this squad.

Slow start vs Transy and Marist... a little concerning. If Davis or Teague get in foul trouble against good competition it could spell trouble. Should definitely be a fun year.

I picked them to win by 50 in the prediction thread. Really impressed with this team!

I picked them to win by 50 in the prediction thread. Really impressed with this team!

 

I saw that. Nice prediction.

 

And I know he won't, but if Gilchrist stays more than one year he would become one of the most beloved Cats in recent memory. One can only hope he pulls a T Jones and comes back another year.

Did anyone else hear Dave Baker say he smelled the balm on Terrance Jones when he ran by the scorers table? Baker and Macy are terrible.

 

About the game, how many dunks did Davis have?

Best player in America? I'm not ruling out Anthony Davis...

 

And he may be there more than one year

And he may be there more than one year

 

Only way that is going to happen is if he has to.

And he may be there more than one year

 

Doubtful, but stranger things have happened...

Still a little weak on the interior and the multiple Freshman on the court lose their place often times. All to be expected this time of the year. PG play and toughness improving inside will determine how far UK can go. Top 2 talent, but I would not put them that high. MK-C will easily be the fan favorite with that kind of tenacity. Love seeing talent and motor combined.

Very, very, very very, very highly Doubtful...

 

Fixed it for you. :D

Fixed it for you. :D

 

He is soooooooo good and he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential yet. He is the best long term prospect I have scouted over the last 5 years...

He is soooooooo good and he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential yet. He is the best long term prospect I have scouted over the last 5 years...

 

Do you see him ever having much as far as back-to-the-basket play goes? It's obvious he hasn't spent much time playing like that. And his physicality is lacking too. Do you think he'll develop that as he physically matures?

 

What impresses me about him, other than his inherent length, is his athleticism. He glides up and down the floor and seems so effortless when he receives an alley-oop or throws one down. Ball-handling skills are also sickening for a guy with his size.

 

Do you see any parallels with Davis & John Henson? I do, though I think Henson was a bit lankier. I'm thinking Davis becomes the player we all thought Henson would become.

Only way that is going to happen is if he has to.

 

That was in every proposal the owners have offered. The players just aren't going to fight for high school and college kids. They can't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.