Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JJ Jude Sets State Rushing Record

Featured Replies

Congrats to JJ Jude and his Oline over the last few years. That is a heck of a lot of yards on one set of legs. You should be proud of yourself. You'll find in life that anytime you do great things there will always be haters. You have made your program + county proud. As a coach from a neighboring county it has been refreshing seeing a kid play as hard as you play and do it with class! Best of luck in your future!

I have no idea on offers but pretty sure he has a full ride to Virginia Tech to wrestle. I might be wrong but seems like they offered last year. He's a really strong kid+heck of a wrestler too.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the fashion of our 72-0 win? What should we have done? Play our 3's from jump street? That's a very weak comparison.

 

I couldn't care less about the nature of your win. I'm happy for the Jude kid. Period. Quit crying and just enjoy your #1 ranking.

^ Me being a fan of Trinity, has nothing to do with it. Imagine if I were a fan of Holmes. Would my argument hold more weight? Do you not see the hypocrisy in breaking records, by railing inferior opponents?

 

Personnally it has everything to do with it. Maybe it would be less offensive if it was coming from a team that played Johnson Central or a team that is just wanting to get deep in the playoffs or even play in the playoffs. But coming from someone that supports the #1 team in the State and the #1 team in the country is just weird to me. Like I said whether you like it or not , congratulate JJ on a huge accomplishment. The young man deserves it.

Congrats to JJ Jude and his Oline over the last few years. That is a heck of a lot of yards on one set of legs. You should be proud of yourself. You'll find in life that anytime you do great things there will always be haters. You have made your program + county proud. As a coach from a neighboring county it has been refreshing seeing a kid play as hard as you play and do it with class! Best of luck in your future!

I have no idea on offers but pretty sure he has a full ride to Virginia Tech to wrestle. I might be wrong but seems like they offered last year. He's a really strong kid+heck of a wrestler too.

Excellent post.
I couldn't care less about the nature of your win. I'm happy for the Jude kid. Period. Quit crying and just enjoy your #1 ranking.
You're the one the mentioned it. Not me. I am not crying. I venture that my school will never have a kid close to said record.
Personnally it has everything to do with it. Maybe it would be less offensive if it was coming from a team that played Johnson Central or a team that is just wanting to get deep in the playoffs or even play in the playoffs. But coming from someone that supports the #1 team in the State and the #1 team in the country is just weird to me. Like I said whether you like it or not , congratulate JJ on a huge accomplishment. The young man deserves it.
I am going to try my best to find a way to shake this great young man's hand. It's clearly obvious why those that Matney decided to inflate the stats on, aren't on here. I don't feel I need to explain further.
Why?

 

Is there a rule that a state record holder should face a certain number of "ranked" opponents? Do state record holders have to beat teams you consider good? Do state record holders have to win their games by a small margin of points? Do state record holders have to file an application before the season to qualify? He didn't do anything but run against the teams set against him. That's no simple task, and if his record gets broken I'll be happy for that kid too.

You're the one the mentioned it. Not me. I am not crying. I venture that my school will never have a kid close to said record.

 

Probably. I'd venture to guess that if JC had 2,000 boys to choose from like T, the football would have to be shared by a much bigger pool of talent thus decreasing the number of carries available to any one single player.:thumb:

Is there a rule that a state record holder should face a certain number of "ranked" opponents? Do state record holders have to beat teams you consider good? Do state record holders have to win their games by a small margin of points? Do state record holders have to file an application before the season to qualify? He didn't do anything but run against the teams set against him. That's no simple task, and if his record gets broken I'll be happy for that kid too.
I agree with every single question you posted......BUT, you left out one thing. As an obvious STUD in our Commonwealth.....is it right that "said" yardage come when certain opponents are obviously outclassed? What I mean...When you're up 40 something to nothing or around there. What value does it hold to rack up another 70 - 200 yards, simply because a lesser opponent is outclassed?

Hard work pays off for a fine young man, we all know some of the circumstances that have occurred during his career with coaching decisions. Not only is this great for him but also the O- lineman that have blocked for him, I'm sure we could debate forever about records being broken if a kid didn't get pulled in the second quarter for almost every game in a season. My question is how hard will this record be to break with the way the offensive schemes in high school keep evolving?

^ This record will be crazy hard to beat. There is one kid that has a chance, but it wold be crazy if he catches up....it would be this season, if done.

Congratulations To Mr. Jude; regardless of what anyone says or thinks, this is a huge accomplishment.

Central running back J.J. Jude ran for 437 yards and scored six touchdowns en route to setting Kentucky's career rushing record in a 63-20 victory against visiting Holmes in the Class 4A playoffs Friday night.

Jude, who entered the game 124 yards shy of Derek Homer's mark, carried the ball 35 times and has now run for 8,539 yards during his career

 

 

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/05/1947758/johnson-centrals-jude-smashes.html#ixzz1cpi9c4d5

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.