Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JJ Jude Sets State Rushing Record

Featured Replies

According to todays reports JJ does have an offer from Eastern and has been talking on the phone to Kentucky.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned nothing of Trinity....you did.

 

Say what you want, but that is the route this thread went. I know you mentioned nothing of Trinity, thats why I put "You may not have intended this..."

According to todays reports JJ does have an offer from Eastern and has been talking on the phone to Kentucky.
That's awesome....I don't see him being a RB at UK, but if wants to take a run at it, I wish him. Seems like EKU would be a great fit for him.
For those upset with some of the posts in this thread, there is one person to blame - Coach Matney. I am sure every person posting in here has the utmost respect for Jude and applauds him for a great accomplishment. I am starting a new thread to discuss Coach Matney's hand in this record. Let the rest of the posts in this thread focus on J.J. Jude.
This is great advice. We need to reserve this thread only to express our congratulations to J.J. Jude.

I love football been around it since 1960, I'm 58, and seen a few games. And great job to JJ. The pounding/hits a running back takes during a game/season /career is very familar to me. I think its a wonderful feat and I'd love to see it broken..There is some kind of saying about this. Enjoy it and good luck next week and in the future.

This is great advice. We need to reserve this thread only to express our congratulations to J.J. Jude.
With all due respect.....the thread says he breaks the record. That's exactly what we're talking about.
With all due respect.....the thread says he breaks the record. That's exactly what we're talking about.
With all due respect, this is not a bash Matney thread. We already have one of those. :cool:
With all due respect, this is not a bash Matney thread. We already have one of those. :cool:
That's a weak response.

The direction of this thread saddens me. I can't imagine why you feel the need to choose this thread to complain about Coach Matney. While the comments are fine in content, and you have every right to make them, it is disturbing that you can't see that this thread is not the proper place to post them. A separate thread would be the place for that. Bashing the kids accomplishments in this thread (and that is what you are doing whether you admit it or not) shows an icredible lack of decency.

 

Take the high road, guys. Tip your hat to the kid, give him the credit he deserves and save the other stuff for a more appropriate thread.

I have watched Jude now for his entire high school career and I have really admired him. It was not always a pleasure because his team has beaten my Pirates the last 3 in a row, lol. He is one of the best high school back I have watched. He runs hard and low and his pads are always forward. He is very hard to tackle on first contact and he has great vision. From all indications, he is a super young man and I am very proud to congratulate him on breaking this record. Good luck young man the rest of the playoffs and in the future, whatever that holds for you.

 

Nice Job, JJ :thumb:

  • Author

He may have about 10% of his yards against CCH.

^ Racking up a vast amount of yardage against undermanned teams is grossly unimpressive. I saluted JJ for his hard work. I am sure he's a great young man. I hate that records fell because of agenda and purpose. Paint me as a bad guy, I am cool with that. Records are, indeed, made to be broken, BUT, I have more respect for those that are broken on a more even keel.

 

Isn't this another way of asking for a "level playing field"? Oh, the irony.

Isn't this another way of asking for a "level playing field"? Oh, the irony.

 

I like the post.

That's a weak response.
No, it's reality. Although I agree with some of your premise, it has already been explained that this is not the proper thread for it.

Congrats to JJJ

 

He's had a great career.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.