Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JJ Jude Sets State Rushing Record

Featured Replies

He doesn't have inflated stats......35 carries last night? Seriously?
Patrick Towels has 229 attempts on the season between passing and rushing reported. JJ has 231 passing rushing and recieving show me the big difference. These are the numbers reported to KHSAA thru 10 games. For the record I could care less how many attempts PT has. I wish him the best and hope to be rooting for him next year as my quarter back at UK. Travis wright the beloved QB for Trinity has 227 attempts. Highlands and Trinity have been in way more blowouts than JC. Get off your high horse.
  • Replies 99
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched Jude now for his entire high school career and I have really admired him. It was not always a pleasure because his team has beaten my Pirates the last 3 in a row, lol. He is one of the best high school back I have watched. He runs hard and low and his pads are always forward. He is very hard to tackle on first contact and he has great vision. From all indications, he is a super young man and I am very proud to congratulate him on breaking this record. Good luck young man the rest of the playoffs and in the future, whatever that holds for you.

 

Nice Job, JJ :thumb:

That's a great assesment from somebody else that has actually watched him play + not from JC. There are a couple of things that stand out to me with JJ. That is that he has great vision, breaks tackles+most of all has great low pad level. He seems to always be moving forward. Imgaine if he was in a spread offesnse where everybody in the stadium isn't focused on him. JJ has done it with everybody keying on him. Like Tus said he is a great young man off the field. JC has a lot to be proud of with the way JJ has represented their program!

Patrick Towels has 229 attempts on the season between passing and rushing reported. JJ has 231 passing rushing and recieving show me the big difference. These are the numbers reported to KHSAA thru 10 games. For the record I could care less how many attempts PT has. I wish him the best and hope to be rooting for him next year as my quarter back at UK. Travis wright the beloved QB for Trinity has 227 attempts. Highlands and Trinity have been in way more blowouts than JC. Get off your high horse.

 

Pass attempts should be much higher than rushes. Also, compare how many throws Towles and Wright have to other top passers in KY. Finally count the minutes played for each of them.

 

If you scroll down on this link you can look at the top 15 passing leaders, and look at the # of attempts. http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/stats.htm[ These are the top 5 in passing yards in the state. I only listed the # of attempts. Guess which one is is Patrick Towles.

1 367

2 259

3 186

4 370

5 272

Congratulations to him! He is a very tough running back.

Pass attempts should be much higher than rushes. Also, compare how many throws Towles and Wright have to other top passers in KY. Finally count the minutes played for each of them.

 

If you scroll down on this link you can look at the top 15 passing leaders, and look at the # of attempts. http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/stats.htm[ These are the top 5 in passing yards in the state. I only listed the # of attempts. Guess which one is is Patrick Towles.

1 367

2 259

3 186

4 370

5 272

I don't have to guess its 186 and why should pass attempts be less than rushes? It's an offensive play, and don't leave out his rushes. As I stated I don't care how many attempts PT has. I wish him the best in every game except this friday night. He has to have x amount of passes to make sure the offense clicks this time of year I get that. What HHS and Trinity fans need to understand is the rest of the state may think all the crying over the rushing record sounds hypocritical coming from teams who beat the crap out of everybody else then look down their noses. You chose to beat Holmes 77-0 we chose not to and allow a hard working young man a piece of history. We may not be able to hang with HHS but time will tell. Have no doubt we could have beaten Holmes much much worse also.
I don't have to guess its 186 and why should pass attempts be less than rushes? It's an offensive play, and don't leave out his rushes. As I stated I don't care how many attempts PT has. I wish him the best in every game except this friday night. He has to have x amount of passes to make sure the offense clicks this time of year I get that. What HHS and Trinity fans need to understand is the rest of the state may think all the crying over the rushing record sounds hypocritical coming from teams who beat the crap out of everybody else then look down their noses. You chose to beat Holmes 77-0 we chose not to and allow a hard working young man a piece of history. We may not be able to hang with HHS but time will tell. Have no doubt we could have beaten Holmes much much worse also.

 

Highlands could of also..The difference between JC and HHS is that HHS pulls their starters at halftime..So almost all of Pat's numbers come in the first half not the whole game..Highlands beats the crap out of teams and plays their jv half of the game..:ohbrother:

I don't have to guess its 186 and why should pass attempts be less than rushes? It's an offensive play, and don't leave out his rushes. As I stated I don't care how many attempts PT has. I wish him the best in every game except this friday night. He has to have x amount of passes to make sure the offense clicks this time of year I get that. What HHS and Trinity fans need to understand is the rest of the state may think all the crying over the rushing record sounds hypocritical coming from teams who beat the crap out of everybody else then look down their noses. You chose to beat Holmes 77-0 we chose not to and allow a hard working young man a piece of history. We may not be able to hang with HHS but time will tell. Have no doubt we could have beaten Holmes much much worse also.

 

As far as more passes than rushes, I said, "Pass attempts should be much higher than rushes" in my previous post. Look at the NFL if a player has a lot of carries they have 30, if they have a lot of passes they throw 50. I will compare a couple of pro football players, Tom Brady had 492 attempts last year. Where as Adrian Peterson's highest attempts ever for a season was 363. I understand high school is different, but that was the concept i was going with. If a QB drops back for a pass they either pass, run, or take a sack. A running back runs the ball. I would like to see how many carries Jude has compared to Towles throws. You could also look at running vs. passing very simply, 100 yards is considered a good game running, passing is usually 250 or 300. And as far as the "running up the score," I would like to compare the amount of time each player was in the game.

As far as more passes than rushes, I said, "Pass attempts should be much higher than rushes" in my previous post. Look at the NFL if a player has a lot of carries they have 30, if they have a lot of passes they throw 50. I will compare a couple of pro football players, Tom Brady had 492 attempts last year. Where as Adrian Peterson's highest attempts ever for a season was 363. I understand high school is different, but that was the concept i was going with. If a QB drops back for a pass they either pass, run, or take a sack. A running back runs the ball. I would like to see how many carries Jude has compared to Towles throws. You could also look at running vs. passing very simply, 100 yards is considered a good game running, passing is usually 250 or 300. And as far as the "running up the score," I would like to compare the amount of time each player was in the game.
HHS runs more of a pro style offense where JC runs a more Nebraska or army offense. There is alot of hot air being blown on this site but you would be amazed on how little the number of carries were for JJ with a running clock. I'm not saying Matney did not dictate the scores of several games by playing the second team and third team defences. If you are really interested look at the amount of tackles on the KHSAA web site and you can see wich game the starting defense played very little. If memory serves me correct I think there has been 15 touchdowns scored on the first team D in 11 games.

Edited by Watusi
Fixed Quote

I'm glad this escapade is over next year. I congratulate the kid for his performance. I think the coach is a joke, who mocks the spirit of the game. Travesty.

 

AMEN:laugh::thumb::laugh::thumb:

No, it's reality. Although I agree with some of your premise, it has already been explained that this is not the proper thread for it.
And I disagree with you. The thread says, "JJ Jude Sets State Record", we're talking about the state record. Pretty plain and simply, if you ask me (which, of course, you are not).
Isn't this another way of asking for a "level playing field"? Oh, the irony.

 

I like the post.
That is a good answer. But I didn't say level playing field.
That is a good answer. But I didn't say level playing field.

 

Of course you didn't, but your distractor do.:lol:

The direction of this thread saddens me. I can't imagine why you feel the need to choose this thread to complain about Coach Matney. While the comments are fine in content, and you have every right to make them, it is disturbing that you can't see that this thread is not the proper place to post them. A separate thread would be the place for that. Bashing the kids accomplishments in this thread (and that is what you are doing whether you admit it or not) shows an icredible lack of decency.

 

Take the high road, guys. Tip your hat to the kid, give him the credit he deserves and save the other stuff for a more appropriate thread.

 

Great post, just wish the people who needed to read this, would have...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.