Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JJ Jude Sets State Rushing Record

Featured Replies

I would say any who has had a chance at breaking the record has had games where the coach has left them in to get yards....Passing or Rushing....

  • Replies 99
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say any who has had a chance at breaking the record has had games where the coach has left them in to get yards....Passing or Rushing....
Just like Mueller left Lorenzen in against Simon Kenton up 55-0, just so he could become the first 2000yrd passer in NKY.

 

Mueller is an absolute joke and has made a complete mochary of the game and should be banned from ever taking a breath on a football field again.

 

That last part was obviously a joke. I have the utmost respect for Mueller he has always shown JC respect after they have beaten us.

I don't really have a problem with letting a kid try to break a record. If you are on defense and down by 45+ pts, just have all 11 guys key on Jude (or whoever the player is). What is Jude supposed to do? Stop running hard? I think he deserves all the credit in the world.

As for the T haters on the thread, there were several games in Brian Brohm's career when he played only one series in the second half. He could have racked up 5000 more passing yards easily. That was just not his or coach Beatty's style. And as for throwing stones at the 72-0 game last Friday - it could have been a LOT worse. T's starting RB touches the ball 3 times and scores 3 TDs - what can you do? Tell him to take a knee? (You can see my longer post in another more appropriate thread.)

I honestly hope Jude racks up 300+ more yards this weekend. In fact, I am betting the young man would trade in his record for a victory on Friday! If JC upsets HHS, Jude might go over 9000 for the season!

I would say any who has had a chance at breaking the record has had games where the coach has left them in to get yards....Passing or Rushing....

 

That is true, but I think part of the debate is that other people could have had records too, but the coach took them out of the game.

I also believe that no matter how Jude got the carries, the record is still an impressive feat.

I also believe that no matter how Jude got the carries, the record is still an impressive feat.

 

That is true. And unfortunately, some of that impressiveness is lost by the coaches actions. Jude is a great athlete and has proven it. I am sure that thought would not have changed no matter how many yards he had. He is a State Champion in wrestling and a great football player.

Edited by Ram

Not sure if the stats I found are correct but he has had games this season of 9,16,16 and 19 carries. He has had 30 or more only 3 times. One was a loss, one was a game they trailed at the half, and well last week I can only explain as the last home game for the best football player the school has ever had. Could he have been taken out earlier in some games............yes. Is it as bad as one poster on this site makes it out to be.................No. I can find very little stats/results for Mr. Homers senior season but if what Ive seen is correct he averaged 19.6 carries a game while Jude is averaging 23.9, not really that big of a difference but that info is useless until I find the scores from Homers games to compare to.

That is true. And unfortunately, some of that impressiveness is lost by the coaches actions. Jude is a great athlete and has proven it. I am sure that thought would not have changed no matter how many yards he had. He is a State Champion in wrestling and a great football player.

 

Nice post Ram. I agree with you 100%.

Congrats to this young man.

 

I just now read this thread. RP, now I know why so many people wanted to "kick the crap out of you!" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.