Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Willie Cauley Commits to Kentucky

Featured Replies

Basketball and football highlights:

 

 

How often do you see a 7' WR?? That's just cool to watch! :lol:

This is from J Demling:

 

Rivals.com national analyst Eric Bossi lives in Kansas and has seen new University of Kentucky commitment Willie Cauley more than most.Bossi said the 7-foot, 230-pound Cauley has “a ton of upside.”

“I would say he’s a very, very high-level run and jump athlete,” Bossi said. “And he’s also very fluid from side-to-side. He can get from one end of the floor to the other better (than most big men). His offense needs some work but I wouldn’t say he’s totally raw.

“He’s still just an 18-year-old kid who is learning the game.”

Cauley, who plays at Olathe (Kan.) Northwest, is ranked as the No. 39 player in the country by Rivals.com. He checks in at N. 28 by Scout.com and No. 32 by ESPN.

“Willie is kind of a wild-card man,” Bossi said. “You ask some people around here and they think he has unbelievable potential and then you ask others and they wonder why all of these schools are recruiting him because he’s not a 7-footer getting 30 points, 17 rebounds and 15 blocked shots every game. But I think he has a ton of upside.”

 

Definitely a good article, thank you for posting.

 

I'm sure other coaches would do it too, but pretty cool that Cal and Orlando went out there to watch his HS football game. It's going to be fun watching this guy develop.

Looks better at football than he is at hoops. Joker should try the boy out.

When asked about the NBA he says he hopes to be there after 2 and no more than 3 years at UK.

I'm usually never one to put too much stock into a highlight video but although hypocritical, he looks EXTREMELY raw in the videos. Dunking the ball on 6'3 defenders just doesn't show me much. It's a good sign he plays football, because he clearly can run a little and has good hands. But there's just no way you can conclude that he's better or worse than Eloy solely off of those videos.

I don't know if others will agree, but he kinda reminds me of a raw Varnardo right now.

I'm usually never one to put too much stock into a highlight video but although hypocritical, he looks EXTREMELY raw in the videos. Dunking the ball on 6'3 defenders just doesn't show me much. It's a good sign he plays football, because he clearly can run a little and has good hands. But there's just no way you can conclude that he's better or worse than Eloy solely off of those videos.

Too bad a couple of people disagree with you. I guess we are better talent evaluators than you. That is what EVERY high school player in the nation is playing against. Did you think John Wall and Cousins sucked because they had to dunk on 6'3 defenders?

Definitely a good article, thank you for posting.

 

I'm sure other coaches would do it too, but pretty cool that Cal and Orlando went out there to watch his HS football game. It's going to be fun watching this guy develop.

 

I believe Tubby Smith went to a Mason Co. football game once when Darius was playing. A few others did as well, I'm sure.

I believe Tubby Smith went to a Mason Co. football game once when Darius was playing. A few others did as well, I'm sure.

 

Correct.:thumb:

I'm usually never one to put too much stock into a highlight video but although hypocritical, he looks EXTREMELY raw in the videos. Dunking the ball on 6'3 defenders just doesn't show me much. It's a good sign he plays football, because he clearly can run a little and has good hands. But there's just no way you can conclude that he's better or worse than Eloy solely off of those videos.

He will be flat out better than Vargas.

Too bad a couple of people disagree with you. I guess we are better talent evaluators than you. That is what EVERY high school player in the nation is playing against. Did you think John Wall and Cousins sucked because they had to dunk on 6'3 defenders?

 

:eyeonyou: What are you even talking about?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.