Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 2011-2012 Prediction Thread

Featured Replies

Is there anything that might explain this about Teague? I, for one, am a little concerned about him. I wasn't at all concerned about Wall or Knight, but do have some w/ Teague. I see him being not as explosive/athletic as Wall, but not nearly the shooter/scorer that Knight is. Cal's last four teams have been driven & led by point guard play. I don't think that's how it'll pan out this year & I wonder how that might affect things.

 

Totally agree about Davis. But he'll have to be an absolute monster to overcome Barnes & Sullinger....& maybe even Rivers?

 

Mook is big time in the open court, but I just never saw him be that elite set up PG that made everyone around him better. Wall had it, and while Knight learned it he could always rely on his jumper to keep him in the game. I think he will most certainly learn it as he goes, but when is the big unknown...

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

It's funny that with all the freshman talk, I think people forget about T. Jones. I look for him to be a beast...I believe he began the season last year as a selfish kid, I thought threw tournament time, while he didn't have big time games, he played defense and rebounded. If he worked on his body, and improved his explosiveness to the rim, he will be a beast.

 

This UK team if Wiljer can shoot like they say, will have a variety of options on style of play!

Skys the limit for this team, IMO its National Championship or bust.

 

Know its hard to say that but with this team what else can you say? Winning a NC is a tough order, but would you say a Final Four was a success for this team? I mean they made it to the FF last year, and this is supposed the be "THE TEAM". A lot can go wrong and they may not cut down the nets, but that is the only expectation coming into the season and I love it!

 

 

It's on the player's minds, they are thinking National Championship. It's on the coaches minds, they are wanting it now more than ever. The things this team should be able to do should really help them in their run. The pick and pop/high ball screen game is going to be lethal with both Wiltjer and Davis. I mean come on man, things get bad and you set up that high ball screen with Lamb and Davis/Wiltjer, gonna be pretty hard to defend. I mean things get bad, throw it into AD23 and let him dunk on someone or at least go to the line. You have your glue guy on this team being one of the best pound for pound all around players in the country in Gilchrist. Jones and Miller should both have good years and fill a variety of offensive and defensive roles. The question is Teague and I don't think its going to be much of a worry. The thing everyone has to remember is Teague isn't going to have to make the impact of a Wall or Knight in order for this team to be overly successful, not by a stretch. If Teague can take care of the ball, play defense, and create with his quickness, that is all he is going to have to do for this team to be successful. They will not need him to go 18 and 10 every game to win big, they only need him to be the guy to get everyone involved and he is certainty capable of that. I mean think about it, hes been going up against the likes of Wall, Rondo, Westbrook, etc. all summer long, you think hes going to be intimidated by Kendall Marshall? You going to be intimidated by Peyton Siva? Erving Walker? In the tourney guys like Craft, Napier, etc? This team is going to be ready, they have the talent, they have the focus. May not win the title but this is the year they could do it, this could very well be the year we have all been waiting for a long time. These guys are better than the 2003 team, they are better than the 2005 team, they are better than the Wall team. Champiosnhips were possible in all of those years, but this year the team should be light years ahead of those teams.

You don't fill out brackets? :sssh:
I fill out a bracket, but I think that the tourney is a real crapshoot.
The question is Teague and I don't think its going to be much of a worry. The thing everyone has to remember is Teague isn't going to have to make the impact of a Wall or Knight in order for this team to be overly successful, not by a stretch. If Teague can take care of the ball, play defense, and create with his quickness, that is all he is going to have to do for this team to be successful. They will not need him to go 18 and 10 every game to win big, they only need him to be the guy to get everyone involved and he is certainty capable of that.

 

Capable? Sure. Just that what he needs to do are the things he has struggled with most up to this point outside of creating with his quickness. He isn't a distributor by nature, so there is quite a bit of work to do there...

Capable? Sure. Just that what he needs to do are the things he has struggled with most up to this point outside of creating with his quickness. He isn't a distributor by nature, so there is quite a bit of work to do there...

 

He's in good hands with Calipari, I think he will be okay. Going against Harrow every day (who has a year of ACC experience) is going to help more than anything. There may be a few bumpy games or early struggles but by March I think Teague will be the point guard this time needs him to be.

He's in good hands with Calipari, I think he will be okay. Going against Harrow every day (who has a year of ACC experience) is going to help more than anything. There may be a few bumpy games or early struggles but by March I think Teague will be the point guard this time needs him to be.

 

I hope he is, and think he should be. Doesn't mean it isn't something to keep an eye on as things play out...

Are the NCAA finals in a dome? You know how we shoot in a dome.

The Cats win #8 this year! i am so pumped just bought 4 tickets to the 1st and 2nd round games in the yum center in section 212! Go Cats!!!!!!!!!

I expect nothing less than a national championship. They have the talent, they have the character, and they have experience for once. Darius, Doron, and Terrence (and some others) were all huge parts of the final four team last year, and Darius has now been in the elite 8 twice. They have competition in practice, NBA players making them better....all the pieces are there for a national championship season. If only we had Jorts for one more season...

^ I agree, anything but a championship would be a failure IMO.

While I expect a national championship, I won't be sorely disappointed if we end up losing to UNC in the tourney because they are very talented as well.

While I expect a national championship, I won't be sorely disappointed if we end up losing to UNC in the tourney because they are very talented as well.
UNC is and should be the favorite.

Undefeated.

National Champs.

Teague and Gilchrist come back.

All of big blue nation is happy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.