Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 2011-2012 Prediction Thread

Featured Replies

With the start of the season days away, what are the predictions for this year?

 

I heard Joe B talking the other day. He had been to practice when UK players were playing pickup with the pros. He said you couldn't tell the difference between the pros and the freshman. Said Teague was getting to the Rim on Westbrook whenever he wanted and the Davis was holding his own with Durant. He said the most inspiring part of the team, was after they were through playing, they all lined up and busted their tales running sprints and working on their conditioning. He said this was Cals hardest working group since he has been here.

 

He also said if UK doesn't win it all...the season's a failure!

 

Sounds like it's going to be an electric year in the commonwealth!

 

I say UK loses 2 games and wins the NC!

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say three losses, hopefully one of them isn't to North Carolina.

 

SEC Regular Season and Tournament Championship

 

I think they will lose in the Champsionship game. I'm hoping and praying they don't, but that will be my prediction.

Final Four....I'm saying same as MJ, they lose in the title game. :cry:

Barring injury, national runner-up to North Carolina.

 

Marquis Teague, IMO, will be the one player who will most determine whether the team reaches its lofty expectations.

I'll predict somewhere around 30 wins, an SEC title and SEC tourney title. I don't believe in predicting how far a team will go in the NCAAs, I do believe they'll be one of the main favorites for the title though.

I believe there is no doubt UK will be the National Champions in 2012. New Orleans will bring an SEC Tournament Championship and a National Championship. This team will be scary come March.

I'll predict somewhere around 30 wins, an SEC title and SEC tourney title. I don't believe in predicting how far a team will go in the NCAAs, I do believe they'll be one of the main favorites for the title though.

 

You don't fill out brackets? :sssh:

It would not surprise me at all if this is his hardest working group. From all I've heard and read about Gilchrist, he is that type of guy, so I think it is very possible that he could set the tone for the rest of the freshmen with his work ethic and team attitude. Of course, Cal typically gets his teams to play together.

 

I'll pick National Championship for the Cats. I think they have the most talent and this is the most well-rounded lineup Cal has had in three years. This team should be able to complete inside and they've got a reliable shooter to stretch the floor in Lamb.

 

I won't go so far as to say the season is a failure without a championship, but if you ask me to pick somebody, I'm taking the most talented group. That is UK.

Pretty cool story my little brother, a sophmore down at UK, told me.

 

Last week he was chillin at his house with his roommates when his one of his roommate's girlfriend got a call, and asked them if some friends could stop over for a while. They said sure, and about 20 minutes later Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer wer sitting in their living room hanging out. Said they're really down to earth cool guys. Said he couldn't help but laugh when Davis asked where the bathroom was, because there was no way he was going to fit in a tiny bathroom like they have. :lol:

 

Apparantly Gilchrist-Kidd and Teague hang in the same circle as Jones and Lamb.

Pretty cool story my little brother, a sophmore down at UK, told me.

 

Last week he was chillin at his house with his roommates when his one of his roommate's girlfriend got a call, and asked them if some friends could stop over for a while. They said sure, and about 20 minutes later Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer wer sitting in their living room hanging out. Said they're really down to earth cool guys. Said he couldn't help but laugh when Davis asked where the bathroom was, because there was no way he was going to fit in a tiny bathroom like they have. :lol:

 

Apparantly Gilchrist-Kidd and Teague hang in the same circle as Jones and Lamb.

 

Gilchrist is a down to earth guy as well, he was out all the time at BBM.

Teague will be the key. As I have said before, I love the kid to death, but he has not been able to win titles playing with big time talent both in high school and AAU. If Cal can get him ready, this UK bunch will be very tough to beat.

 

I know it is saying a lot considering the guys that returned, but I will not be the least bit surprised if Davis is the best player in the country by the end of the year. He's that good...

Cats go 30+ wins and 1 loss with the loss coming with a hiccup in SEC play.

 

Cal keeps his undefeated streak at Rupp alive and the Cats win the SEC and SEC Tournament.

 

Cats run the table in the NCAA tournament to win the National Championship.

Teague will be the key. As I have said before, I love the kid to death, but he has not been able to win titles playing with big time talent both in high school and AAU. If Cal can get him ready, this UK bunch will be very tough to beat.

 

I know it is saying a lot considering the guys that returned, but I will not be the least bit surprised if Davis is the best player in the country by the end of the year. He's that good...

 

Is there anything that might explain this about Teague? I, for one, am a little concerned about him. I wasn't at all concerned about Wall or Knight, but do have some w/ Teague. I see him being not as explosive/athletic as Wall, but not nearly the shooter/scorer that Knight is. Cal's last four teams have been driven & led by point guard play. I don't think that's how it'll pan out this year & I wonder how that might affect things.

 

Totally agree about Davis. But he'll have to be an absolute monster to overcome Barnes & Sullinger....& maybe even Rivers?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.