Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 79 Pendleton County 0

Featured Replies

PC has a lot of students but most have to work the family farm and cant play football.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC has a lot of students but most have to work the family farm and cant play football.

 

There is a good chance that is true; I knew of some people close to my age that lived in Pendleton back when I was in high school and that was the case back then with a lot from what they said.

Interesting to see who will win in the Pendleton vs Harrison match up.

Edited by ukfink2

Like I said in another thread it will be tough for HHS to play against the likes of Elder in two weeks..These kids never get to play a full game and we know they will definately have to against the Panthers. The district games will kill HHS when it comes time to play a really competitive game. What do you do??

 

Raiderbird, I look at it this way, one of the best teams the Bluebirds could play are the twos & threes that the ones go against in practice. I'm confident in noting those twos & threes would be starting for most programs in N.Ky. Plus, the Bluebirds always seem to be prepared for the tough games like an Elder.

I think the way I said it was wrong. The way schools are classified are due to enrollment. Not income, not whether they live in a urban area, not how new the football program is, it is enrollment. Teams can't move down a class under any circumstance, they can only move up if the geography is right. It's not Highlands fault or Pendeltons fault. Pendletons only choice is to get better.

 

You can say this or that, but at the end of the day the score is the score. It would punish good teams if teams could go to other conferences to play because they are not good enough to play with good teams. Just because a team loses by a lot doesn't mean you have to feel sorry for them. Sure they aren't expected to be good and they don't have advantages that other teams don't have, doesn't mean they should move them. Classifications are based on enrollment and always will be. Excuses don't count in the end, unless you want to feel better about yourself.

 

Well stated in my opinion.

Statements like this are why Highlands fans have such a bad and in some cases well desevered reputations. There are ZERO similarities between Pendelton county and Ft. Thomas other than number of students. ALL of the advantages that go toward having a good program exists in Ft. Thomas and just about every disadvantage in preventing a good program exist in Pendelton county, but yeah they should just get better or work a little harder! :rolleyes:

 

Ok I get the shot at me/ other Highlands fans, sometimes I don't deliver my statements the correct way. Not all Highlands fans are like I am. Don't assume I speak for every Highlands fan. I disagree with other Highlands fans opinions sometimes.

 

Moving on... When I said, "On paper they are in the same class (enrollment) as highlands. No excuses. Be better. You don't get switched because you are a bad football team," I can understand how I may have said what I meant, but in the wrong way.

 

So here goes try # 2. People earlier are saying that Highlands and Pendelton Co. should not be in the same district and shouldn't have to play. My arguement is the only way teams are classified is enrollment and only enrollment. Enrollment is the end all be all in classification, so you get my point. I said this in a previous post, no teams can move down in enrollment, they can only move up if it makes sense geographically. That was my point.

 

I understand there are other things that go into the way a team performs. But why does everyone feel so sorry for them? I dont care what these guys do outside of football. However I do care how they do in football. Do people feel sorry for the Bengals when they do bad? What else should they do?

 

I simply said they need to get better so this doesnt happen. What is the other option? Just stink at football and lose 64-0 and 79-0 in back to back weeks year-in year-out?

 

I mean you all or so mad, what else should they do?

Now I realize that this is a Football Forum but..... Remember Pendleton County game is Basketball. Does HHS play PC in Basketball? My guess is that a couple of years ago, PC might have beaten HHS in Basketball as badly as HHS beat PC in football.

 

Some schools because of tradition, location, and just plain love of one game over another are schools that are not powerhouses in one sport or another.

 

Having only had a team for eight years in football, they (PC) are just starting to get their football feet wet and then they get thrown to the wolves by being required to play HHS and CovCath who have long standing football traditions. Heck Cov Holmes ducked HHS and CovCath a couple of years ago and from what I have heard, were none too pleased at the prospect of having to play both again.

 

Is this fair? Well no but how do you make it fair for all?

 

I agree with some that say that the KHSAA should go back to three or four divisions (1A 2A 3A and maybe 4A), with the top two teams getting a first round bye and dropping the bye week out of the regular season. This makes much more sense.

 

BTW I am not implying that HHS isn't good in Basketball but in I believe 04/05 PC had a great Basketball team and they beat Bishop Brossart twice, who in turn blew out HHS that year by 20 65-45!

Now I realize that this is a Football Forum but..... Remember Pendleton County game is Basketball. Does HHS play PC in Basketball? My guess is that a couple of years ago, PC might have beaten HHS in Basketball as badly as HHS beat PC in football.

 

Some schools because of tradition, location, and just plain love of one game over another are schools that are not powerhouses in one sport or another.

 

Having only had a team for eight years in football, they (PC) are just starting to get their football feet wet and then they get thrown to the wolves by being required to play HHS and CovCath who have long standing football traditions. Heck Cov Holmes ducked HHS and CovCath a couple of years ago and from what I have heard, were none too pleased at the prospect of having to play both again.

 

Is this fair? Well no but how do you make it fair for all?

 

I agree with some that say that the KHSAA should go back to three or four divisions (1A 2A 3A and maybe 4A), with the top two teams getting a first round bye and dropping the bye week out of the regular season. This makes much more sense.

 

BTW I am not implying that HHS isn't good in Basketball but in I believe 04/05 PC had a great Basketball team and they beat Bishop Brossart twice, who in turn blew out HHS that year by 20 65-45!

 

The difficult thing is that it is a district game for football, in basketball they are in different regions (from what I remember). If there was a change back to 4 classes in football maybe PC wouldn't be in Highlands district, but then again maybe they would.

 

BTW Highlands could not have been that bad in Basketball. 72-0 at halftime is a lot. I couldnt even think of the compareable basketball score, maybe a halftime score of 115-8? I would be willing to bet all I have that Highlands wouldn't have lost by nearly that much. I mean giving 72 points up in a half is a lot, epecially with a running clock.

Does anybody think it's time to move on ? IMO, it is what it is ! I'm sure the PC players have moved on , and are now enjoying the wool festival !!

Ok I get the shot at me/ other Highlands fans, sometimes I don't deliver my statements the correct way. Not all Highlands fans are like I am. Don't assume I speak for every Highlands fan. I disagree with other Highlands fans opinions sometimes.

 

Moving on... When I said, "On paper they are in the same class (enrollment) as highlands. No excuses. Be better. You don't get switched because you are a bad football team," I can understand how I may have said what I meant, but in the wrong way.

 

So here goes try # 2. People earlier are saying that Highlands and Pendelton Co. should not be in the same district and shouldn't have to play. My arguement is the only way teams are classified is enrollment and only enrollment. Enrollment is the end all be all in classification, so you get my point. I said this in a previous post, no teams can move down in enrollment, they can only move up if it makes sense geographically. That was my point.

 

I understand there are other things that go into the way a team performs. But why does everyone feel so sorry for them? I dont care what these guys do outside of football. However I do care how they do in football. Do people feel sorry for the Bengals when they do bad? What else should they do?

 

I simply said they need to get better so this doesnt happen. What is the other option? Just stink at football and lose 64-0 and 79-0 in back to back weeks year-in year-out?

 

I mean you all or so mad, what else should they do?

 

The Bengals are professional men not kids from a rural county with in some cases socioeconomic situations that you couldn't even fathom growing up in Ft. Thomas. So you may understand that some of them can't just put in extra time in the weight room or film study whenever they want. Now for the class issue it is impossible for the KHSAA to take factors into consideration other than enrollment without having complete chaos. They have a hard enough time trying to get transfers right.

The Bengals are professional men not kids from a rural county with in some cases socioeconomic situations that you couldn't even fathom growing up in Ft. Thomas. So you may understand that some of them can't just put in extra time in the weight room or film study whenever they want. Now for the class issue it is impossible for the KHSAA to take factors into consideration other than enrollment without having complete chaos. They have a hard enough time trying to get transfers right.

 

I understand they have had a program less than 10 years, I believe you when you say they are poor, I believe you when you say it is tough to find a kid that doesnt have a job in high school, I believe you when you say they dont have extra time for football activities, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

 

My point with enrollment is that they are stuck, there is nothing they can do. They have 2 choices as they look to the future, stay the same and get blasted, or try and get better. I think this cow has been milked dry.

I understand they have had a program less than 10 years, I believe you when you say they are poor, I believe you when you say it is tough to find a kid that doesnt have a job in high school, I believe you when you say they dont have extra time for football activities, but a win is a win and a loss is a loss.

 

My point with enrollment is that they are stuck, there is nothing they can do. They have 2 choices as they look to the future, stay the same and get blasted, or try and get better. I think this cow has been milked dry.

 

Totally agree. After getting destroyed the last two weeks they have to be thinking how can we get better to compete with HHS and CCH. Because the way it looks they are going to be stuck with them for the next few years or more.

I think the way I said it was wrong. The way schools are classified are due to enrollment. Not income, not whether they live in a urban area, not how new the football program is, it is enrollment. Teams can't move down a class under any circumstance, they can only move up if the geography is right. It's not Highlands fault or Pendeltons fault. Pendletons only choice is to get better. You can say this or that, but at the end of the day the score is the score. It would punish good teams if teams could go to other conferences to play because they are not good enough to play with good teams. Just because a team loses by a lot doesn't mean you have to feel sorry for them. Sure they aren't expected to be good and they don't have advantages that other teams don't have, doesn't mean they should move them. Classifications are based on enrollment and always will be. Excuses don't count in the end, unless you want to feel better about yourself.

 

Pendleton could also choose to play as an independent.

The KHSAA created this situation when they created two extra classes. When this change was made the khsaa said that it would give others a chance. What is the end result? Same teams win or participate in the championships as before. Teams like Pendedlton "got their chance."

 

This whole mess is the fault of the KHSAA. No way these two are in the same dist. in a 4 class system. Highlands would be in w/ Covcath, Holmes, Scott, Conner, & or Cooper.

The KHSAA created this situation when they created two extra classes. When this change was made the khsaa said that it would give others a chance. What is the end result? Same teams win or participate in the championships as before. Teams like Pendedlton "got their chance."

 

This whole mess is the fault of the KHSAA. No way these two are in the same dist. in a 4 class system. Highlands would be in w/ Covcath, Holmes, Scott, Conner, & or Cooper.

 

Nope. The enrollment numbers of these two schools are very close. Unless you purposely draw the line between them, they will be in the same class no matter how many classes there are. Pendleton County is not good in football. That is the whole reason for this score. It has nothing to do with classification or anything else. It is all about Pendleton County needs to get better or same score is coming at you next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.