Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 79 Pendleton County 0

Featured Replies

I now rank the KHSAA right up there with the NCAA. Shouldn't the results of the state playoff games last year have been a clue? What ya do about it if you’re the commissioner of the KHSAA.

1. Grab a dart.

1. Put on blindfolds.

2. Throw it.

Result: Wherever it lands will be far better than the current system.

 

All kidding aside, there has to be a better way. When your starters play only 2 quarters in 3 out of 4 district games, that's just not right. I don't care what team you are, or who you're playing, there has to be a better way. I know the burden is on these other teams to improve their programs, but in the mean time, there must be something better.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many passing TD's does Towles have on the season? It looks like he threw 7 last night.

 

Who is the new kicker? Brockett? Soccer player?

How many passing TD's does Towles have on the season? It looks like he threw 7 last night.

 

Who is the new kicker? Brockett? Soccer player?

 

I think 25 or 26 TD passes for PT, with just 1 INT. I think PT is also right around 2000 yards in 7 games.

 

Brockett is not a soccer player and is the JV kicker. Regular kicker Carter New played DB but sat out for the 2nd straight game as the kicker.

I now rank the KHSAA right up there with the NCAA. Shouldn't the results of the state playoffs last year have been a clue? What ya do about it if you’re the commissioner of the KHSAA.

1. Grab a dart.

1. Put on blindfolds.

2. Throw it.

Result: Wherever it lands will be far better than the current system.

 

I would think the KHSAA could go back to 4 classes (5 at the most) but expand the playoffs by giving the top 2 seeds in each district a bye.

Towles stats for the year:

 

7 Games (only played approx 18 quarters)

Att 143

Comp 89

TD 25

Int 1

Yds 2015

Figured it would be bad, but wow!

 

Can't wait for Birds game against Elder next week.

Figured it would be bad, but wow!

 

Can't wait for Birds game against Elder next week.

 

You'll have to wait a little longer , Holmes is next week, then Elder

Figured it would be bad, but wow!

 

Can't wait for Birds game against Elder next week.

 

October 14 - Holmes at DCM 7:00

October 21 - @ Elder 7:30

I now rank the KHSAA right up there with the NCAA. Shouldn't the results of the state playoffs last year have been a clue? What ya do about it if you’re the commissioner of the KHSAA.

1. Grab a dart.

1. Put on blindfolds.

2. Throw it.

Result: Wherever it lands will be far better than the current system.

 

All kidding aside, there has to be a better way. When your starters play only 2 quarters in 3 out of 4 district games, that's just not right. I don't care what team you are, or who you're playing, there has to be a better way. I know the burden is on these other teams to improve their programs, but in the mean time, there must be something better.

 

Ideas on an alternative?

Ideas on an alternative?

 

Personally, I'd love to see a super conference, although I know it will never happen.

 

I like the idea floated on another thread about allowing teams to move up & down in class based on their records. I know that rewards teams for poor performance, and potentially penalizes other teams for good performance, but it would be a start towards ending obvious mistakes that lead to games like those HHS & CCH have played recently. Give the top & bottom whatever % of teams in each class the choice to move up or down at the end of each season (isn't this how Euro soccer works, except that it's not a choice?). I know scheduling would be a problem though.

Even with a running clock was there really only 4 possessions (2 each) in the second half?

Yes, HHS elected to kick off the second half. PC moved ball and turned it over on downs once and fumbled the ball the second time.

While the outcome was not exactly a surprise in this one...I have to give props to those kids at PC. They kept lining up and doing it all over again! I did not know any of the players for PC going in, however at the final horn...Pyles (sp?) I believe it was...kids name was called on just about every single play.

 

I overheard one of the PC players after the game talking to friends saying..."Well we got murdered again, there is next week." Great attitude young man, hang in there!

Ideas on an alternative?

 

There is no alternative. Fort Thomas is one of only a handful of communities in the commonwealth that have the conditions that allow for a winning tradition in football. The competitive nature of parents within the community fuels the program and has made it the powerhouse that it is today. Kids from the county have other competing interests as well as geographic constraints that prevent them from ever being competitive. The KHSAA cannot wave a magic wand and change these concrete differences. It's the same for the private school dilemma in 6a. Just deal with it.

Towles stats for the year:

 

7 Games (only played approx 18 quarters)

Att 143

Comp 89

TD 25

Int 1

Yds 2015

 

Crazy stats especially when you consider it is in 18 quarters.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.