Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bozich: "Cal has a bad case of Pitino Envy"

Featured Replies

That could be true, but it could also be said the other way around. Pitino knows what it is like when the UK program is one of the top programs, and how excited UK fans get when things are going well. That is what makes it all worth it to be the coach at UK, Pitino knows that and he also knows he left the program when he had all that. He see's Cal getting all that now, and even though he won't ever admit it, I do think he is also a little jealous of Cal because Cal has what he use to have.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the "preoccupation" you speak of is nothing other than Cal showing Rick up. Rick didn't want Cal @ UK to start with. But Cal came anyway & has dominated Rick in every facet...on the floor, on the recruiting trail, in getting kids to the NBA. There's obviously bad blood between them, and the fact that there are just a few miles separating them makes it that much more intense a rivalry.

 

So to me, this is about Calipari constantly reminding Rick that he is dominating him.

 

 

 

This. I agree.

If Cal really wants to spice up the rivalry even more he should say what I think about the rivalry.........

 

 

UL will probably lose to UK every year that Calipari is at UK.

 

 

I can see this happening.

Rick Pitino is a joke and a hypocrite. My opinion of him has changed 180 degrees. Message to Slick Rick: you're old, your teams no longer win, your integrity is shot, you need to retire very soon and save some face. You should feel guilty about cashing your checks from the Ville. Time to move on.

I'm also a little surprised to see no UK fans actually engage on this and admit that Calipari does have a preoccupation with Pitino, or admit that this was obvious smack talk.

 

For the record, I don't think that Calipari's preoccupation is unwarranted. Pitino is his rival's head coach and in state competition, but more importantly he resents Pitino talking-up his role in getting Calipari his gig at UMass. I get that. I'm just surprised that no UK fan is going acknowledge either aspect of that.

 

I kinda thought I did in the first response to this thread. Who cares if Calipari using Pitino as motivation? Happens all the time in sports.

I hadn't heard that Pitino was mad. I hadn't heard that he'd even heard about it, let alone responded to it.

 

What is there to respond too? There are probably 100k louisville fans in KY and 2 million + UK fans...I would call that owning the state.

What is there to respond too? There are probably 100k louisville fans in KY and 2 million + UK fans...I would call that owning the state.

 

When I traveled the country two years ago, I ran into UK fans everywhere (Illinois, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Texas). Many who never lived here, and quite a few who said they started loving the Cats because of the 90's. Granted that was a lot because of the John Wall hype as well, but still...UK does own the state of Kentucky!

What is there to respond too? There are probably 100k louisville fans in KY and 2 million + UK fans...I would call that owning the state.
The CJ's polling from a few years ago says that's not the case. Louisville fans represent 17% of those that report being basketball fans in this state, and an edge of roughly 60 to 33 in the Louisville metro.
I'm a UK fan and said Cal jabbed him.

 

Me too. It was an obvious dig at U of L. Sometimes we only see and hear what we want to. I can understand that a Cardinal might be well-practiced on that these days. :sssh:

Pffft....y'all can have the state. :D I'm totally fine with being in the minority....seeing as how the minority are those who support the BEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY! :p

Pitino announced he will be attending the NCAA coaches Halloween party dressed as a bee. Cal was quick to announce he will go dressed as a wannabe.

 

Nice. :lol:

I would say that has changed a little from a few years ago. Also, look at who did the poll.

Pffft....y'all can have the state. :D I'm totally fine with being in the minority....seeing as how the minority are those who support the BEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF KENTUCKY! :p

 

Are not. :irked:

I would say that has changed a little from a few years ago. Also, look at who did the poll.

 

It would be interesting to see the numbers now, if UK's resurgence under Calipari has changed anything.

The CJ's polling from a few years ago says that's not the case. Louisville fans represent 17% of those that report being basketball fans in this state, and an edge of roughly 60 to 33 in the Louisville metro.

 

Note a few years ago...I can remember their being a lot of Louisville fans in the 80's when U Of L had the dominant program and Crum was playing an exciting style...the 90's saw some of those fans change over when UK was on their role...Early 2000's with Pitino U of L...I would be willing today's numbers sway big time to UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.