Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bozich: "Cal has a bad case of Pitino Envy"

Featured Replies

But Pitino's loan Championship was won with 7 future NBA players on the roster...there is a difference between over achieving and winning it all.

 

One of the most talented rosters ever.

 

I'm glad Cal jabbed them and I'm glad Pitino is mad. Nothing like alittle hatred to spice up a rivalry.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well played sir! :clap::thumb:

 

Ditto, the truth is that Bozich has a bad case of Cal envy!!

As chef on Southpark would say, "Children.... children."

One of the most talented rosters ever.

 

I'm glad Cal jabbed them and I'm glad Pitino is mad. Nothing like alittle hatred to spice up a rivalry.

 

I hadn't heard that Pitino was mad. I hadn't heard that he'd even heard about it, let alone responded to it.

I hadn't heard that Pitino was mad. I hadn't heard that he'd even heard about it, let alone responded to it.

 

Pitino's assumed response...

 

“Four things I’ve learned in my 59 years about people. I ignore the jealous, I ignore the malicious, I ignore the ignorant and I ignore the paranoid. If the shoe fits anyone, wear it.”

 

From an article by Jeff Goodman

Pitino's assumed response...

 

“Four things I’ve learned in my 59 years about people. I ignore the jealous, I ignore the malicious, I ignore the ignorant and I ignore the paranoid. If the shoe fits anyone, wear it.”

 

From an article by Jeff Goodman

 

Pitino's been awfully gabby lately. Although his comments here have brought me much humor, it doesn't come close to beating his most recent "Louisville First" campaign, which has recently been followed up by his own selfish ambition to keep UL in the Big East, when clearly a move to the Big 12 is "Louisville First." :lol:

Two differences between Pitino's comments and Cals.

 

One, it did not preclude fans of the University of Louisville from existing.

 

Two, he said it holding a trophy.

There are some "ok" points made in the rest of the article but it mainly just sounds like little brother trying to puff out his chest, which is kind of cute really. He does at least acknowledge that Cal has the upper hand now...

This is super cute. It's like a Louisville fan calling Mark Story a homer.

I'm also a little surprised to see no UK fans actually engage on this and admit that Calipari does have a preoccupation with Pitino, or admit that this was obvious smack talk.

 

For the record, I don't think that Calipari's preoccupation is unwarranted. Pitino is his rival's head coach and in state competition, but more importantly he resents Pitino talking-up his role in getting Calipari his gig at UMass. I get that. I'm just surprised that no UK fan is going acknowledge either aspect of that.

Pitino's assumed response...

 

“Four things I’ve learned in my 59 years about people. I ignore the jealous, I ignore the malicious, I ignore the ignorant and I ignore the paranoid. If the shoe fits anyone, wear it.”

 

From an article by Jeff Goodman

 

I just was getting ready to come in here and correct myself. Gosh dang work! Gets in the way of all the good stuff! :lol: I just saw the article.

I'm also a little surprised to see no UK fans actually engage on this and admit that Calipari does have a preoccupation with Pitino, or admit that this was obvious smack talk.

 

For the record, I don't think that Calipari's preoccupation is unwarranted. Pitino is his rival's head coach and in state competition, but more importantly he resents Pitino talking-up his role in getting Calipari his gig at UMass. I get that. I'm just surprised that no UK fan is going acknowledge either aspect of that.

 

I'm a UK fan and said Cal jabbed him.

Two differences between Pitino's comments and Cals.

 

One, it did not preclude fans of the University of Louisville from existing.

 

Two, he said it holding a trophy.

 

And three, when he said it he had something running down his leg. What trophy was he holding? His National Championship trophy that UK won him or his second place trophy from the Morehead game?

Pitino announced he will be attending the NCAA coaches Halloween party dressed as a bee. Cal was quick to announce he will go dressed as a wannabe.

Two differences between Pitino's comments and Cals.

 

One, it did not preclude fans of the University of Louisville from existing.

 

Two, he said it holding a trophy.

 

Come on, you know they both mean the same thing.

I'm also a little surprised to see no UK fans actually engage on this and admit that Calipari does have a preoccupation with Pitino, or admit that this was obvious smack talk.

 

For the record, I don't think that Calipari's preoccupation is unwarranted. Pitino is his rival's head coach and in state competition, but more importantly he resents Pitino talking-up his role in getting Calipari his gig at UMass. I get that. I'm just surprised that no UK fan is going acknowledge either aspect of that.

 

I think the "preoccupation" you speak of is nothing other than Cal showing Rick up. Rick didn't want Cal @ UK to start with. But Cal came anyway & has dominated Rick in every facet...on the floor, on the recruiting trail, in getting kids to the NBA. There's obviously bad blood between them, and the fact that there are just a few miles separating them makes it that much more intense a rivalry.

 

So to me, this is about Calipari constantly reminding Rick that he is dominating him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.