June 30, 201214 yr That's the sense I have gotten too. Is Randle headed to Duke? I'm thinking Harrisons & Young for sure. Unsure on who else will round out the class. Duke is in pretty strong. Randle hasn't gotten too serious about the recruiting process, but there is some talk that he doesn't want to play with the Harrison twins so UK is unlikely...
June 30, 201214 yr Duke is in pretty strong. Randle hasn't gotten too serious about the recruiting process, but there is some talk that he doesn't want to play with the Harrison twins so UK is unlikely... Who else is in the mix for Randle? I was thinking a Big 12 team, but I might have made that up. Do you know why he doesn't want to play with the Harrisons? The lack of bigs in this class has me worried about UK's post presence for 2013-14.
June 30, 201214 yr Who else is in the mix for Randle? I was thinking a Big 12 team, but I might have made that up. Do you know why he doesn't want to play with the Harrisons? The lack of bigs in this class has me worried about UK's post presence for 2013-14. Baylor is also in there pretty good. Don't know the exact reason, but I get the feeling they just don't get along all that well to be honest. There are enough bigs at the top for UK to land someone that can help alongside Will Cauley...
June 30, 201214 yr Have you seen Cauley play? If so, what's your take? Not in a long time. At the time he was fairly skilled but really skinny. I think it might take him a year to get up to speed, but he should be ready to help in 2013...
June 30, 201214 yr Author G, have you heard any rumblings about Aaron Gordon? I know he's a west coaster so you've probably not got the chance to see him much or talk to that many people close to him, but any vibes there? I know he added UK to his list which is a good thing, would love to have him at Kentucky over somebody like Chris Walker. If there was ever another Blake Griffin protege at the 4 it would be him, wants to dunk everything and is very skilled. Would love to see him running the floor with the Harrisons and Cauley-Stein......
June 30, 201214 yr G, have you heard any rumblings about Aaron Gordon? I know he's a west coaster so you've probably not got the chance to see him much or talk to that many people close to him, but any vibes there? I know he added UK to his list which is a good thing, would love to have him at Kentucky over somebody like Chris Walker. If there was ever another Blake Griffin protege at the 4 it would be him, wants to dunk everything and is very skilled. Would love to see him running the floor with the Harrisons and Cauley-Stein...... I have seen him a decent amount because of the EYBL, but don't really have many connections out west outside of a few assistants in the Pac 12. From the little I do know he is taking things pretty slow and is most likely to wait it out until the spring. Put him with Young and UK would be frightening 1-4 along with the twins...
July 1, 201214 yr Author I have seen him a decent amount because of the EYBL, but don't really have many connections out west outside of a few assistants in the Pac 12. From the little I do know he is taking things pretty slow and is most likely to wait it out until the spring. Put him with Young and UK would be frightening 1-4 along with the twins... I think frightening is an understatement. If he is willing to leave the west coast, I like Kentucky's chances.
July 1, 201214 yr I have seen him a decent amount because of the EYBL, but don't really have many connections out west outside of a few assistants in the Pac 12. From the little I do know he is taking things pretty slow and is most likely to wait it out until the spring. Put him with Young and UK would be frightening 1-4 along with the twins... Seems like most of the schools heavily involved with him are out west. I'm thinking it'll be hard to pull him away from the west coast, but then again, I don't know anything. He's listed at 6'7", 210 lbs. And he's a PF?
July 1, 201214 yr Author Seems like most of the schools heavily involved with him are out west. I'm thinking it'll be hard to pull him away from the west coast, but then again, I don't know anything. He's listed at 6'7", 210 lbs. And he's a PF? He's long, plays above the rim, and still has some time to grow.......
July 1, 201214 yr He's long, plays above the rim, and still has some time to grow....... Thanks :thumb:
July 1, 201214 yr Seems like most of the schools heavily involved with him are out west. I'm thinking it'll be hard to pull him away from the west coast, but then again, I don't know anything. He's listed at 6'7", 210 lbs. And he's a PF? He's a tweener, but in Cal's system there isn't a lot of difference between the 3 and 4. He'll need to develop his handle to move to the 3 for the NBA, but he has a nice overall skill set already. He would be a match up nightmare as a face up 4 at the college level...
July 1, 201214 yr Baylor is also in there pretty good. Don't know the exact reason, but I get the feeling they just don't get along all that well to be honest. There are enough bigs at the top for UK to land someone that can help alongside Will Cauley... Didn't Wayne Seldon say he didn't want to play with the Harrison twins either? I don't know if he did for sure, but for some reason I'm thinking he did. Are the Harrison twins difficult to get along with?
July 1, 201214 yr Didn't Wayne Seldon say he didn't want to play with the Harrison twins either? I don't know if he did for sure, but for some reason I'm thinking he did. Are the Harrison twins difficult to get along with? Selden was more about knowing he would be behind them on the depth chart. They are both very strong personalities, and playing off them isn't for everyone. Some risk involved there, but you don't see many kids that size with the skills they have. Better to take them and find guys willing to play with them...
July 1, 201214 yr Rodney Hood is transferring to Duke. That might have some weight on Duke and Randle.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.