4A Rankings

theguru

1. Highlands vs. 6A Dixie Heights (9/1)

2. Covington Catholic vs. Cincinnati LaSalle, OH (9/2)

3. Boyle County at 2A #4 Danville

4. Lexington Catholic at 6A Lafayette

5. Western at 6A #5 Male

6. Johnson Central at 5A Clay County

7. Knox Central vs. 5A #7 Perry County Central

8. Owensboro vs. 2A #3 Owensboro Catholic

9. Franklin-Simpson vs. Clarksville West Creek (TN)

10. Madisonville-North Hopkins vs. 5A North Hardin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Lex Catholic and Western have both been more impressive than either Cov Cath or Boyle. Lex Cath played an excellent 5a team toe to toe and beat a very, very good Bell team. Both of those teams are better than anything CC's played thus far. Western beat a talented Ballard team. Did they get penalized because Ballard got bombed by Byrnes, SC? There's not a team in Ky that would have faired much better with exception to Trinity.

Personally, I think Lex Catholic and Western have both been more impressive than either Cov Cath or Boyle. Lex Cath played an excellent 5a team toe to toe and beat a very, very good Bell team. Both of those teams are better than anything CC's played thus far. Western beat a talented Ballard team. Did they get penalized because Ballard got bombed by Byrnes, SC? There's not a team in Ky that would have faired much better with exception to Trinity.

Byrnes and T would be a fun matchup. Other than that, no one from KY would fare well.

I still contend 4A is the best overall division in KY this year.

How about Covcath beating Lex Cath badly last year and I do not think Lex Cath has improved more than CovCath this year.

How about Covcath beating Lex Cath badly last year and I do not think Lex Cath has improved more than CovCath this year.

Could be. I do think Lex Cath looks much better this year than last though. The verdicts still out on CC, imo. Dixie is way overrated and NCC manhandled them much easier than CC did and I don't think NCC would be the 2nd best 4a team. Granted, Pike didn't play, but, if you saw the game, I don't think it would have mattered that much.

IMO Comparing high school games from year to year is almost worthless. Seniors have a big impact and players can change so much from year to year it really is hard to use any game from a previous year to form an opinion.

I don't know enough about Lexington Catholic and Western, but based on what has happened now, Cov Cath or Boyle could probably be in either position that they are in. I beleive that the game between Cov Cath and Lasalle will be a big indicator of how the rankings could potentially play out.

Could be. I do think Lex Cath looks much better this year than last though. The verdicts still out on CC, imo. Dixie is way overrated and NCC manhandled them much easier than CC did and I don't think NCC would be the 2nd best 4a team. Granted, Pike didn't play, but, if you saw the game, I don't think it would have mattered that much.
Pike is a big-time quarterback prospect ... how would his absence not matter much?