4A Rankings

theguru

Wow... CovCath really shooting up the list. If CovCath beats La Salle will CovCath be ranked first next week, regardless of what HHS does?

Not a chance iin hell, especially after the Bluebirds beat the snot out of Dixie friday night, but I think you just enjoy hearing that.:lol:

Edited by sportsfan41

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be. I do think Lex Cath looks much better this year than last though. The verdicts still out on CC, imo. Dixie is way overrated and NCC manhandled them much easier than CC did and I don't think NCC would be the 2nd best 4a team. Granted, Pike didn't play, but, if you saw the game, I don't think it would have mattered that much.
How can you compare Dixie with and without Pike like it doesnt matter. NCC without Brady Hitchew doesnt make a difference? You cant compare NCC game VS Dixie and say they manhandled Dixie more therefore better than CCH. Would any offense struggle to score and keep their defense of the field if there star QB was not playing? think about local teams and take off there best offensive player and tell me it would not have major impact.

I'll take it but I would put Boyle at #5 behind LexCath and Western for now.

It will be interesting to see how Boyle does vs. John Hardin when they play. That will be prior to the Lex Cath game and might be a better judge over who is playing better football right now, Boyle or the Knights.

Pike is a big-time quarterback prospect ... how would his absence not matter much?

Because NCC scored at will against them and basically called off the dogs late in the game. I don't think Dixie would have been able to stop them even if Pike were there and put up a few more scores. The outcome of the game wouldn't have been any different. That's all I meant.

How can you compare Dixie with and without Pike like it doesnt matter. NCC without Brady Hitchew doesnt make a difference? You cant compare NCC game VS Dixie and say they manhandled Dixie more therefore better than CCH. Would any offense struggle to score and keep their defense of the field if there star QB was not playing? think about local teams and take off there best offensive player and tell me it would not have major impact.

NCCs offense was much more efficient and consistent than Cov Cath's was. CCs offense played much, much better the 2nd half of the game, but, was just average the 1st half. NCC manhandled Dixies defense from start to finish and kept Dixie's offense off the field, CCs didn't.. Sure, Pike makes a difference, but, imo, he wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome.

Because NCC scored at will against them and basically called off the dogs late in the game. I don't think Dixie would have been able to stop them even if Pike were there and put up a few more scores. The outcome of the game wouldn't have been any different. That's all I meant.

NCCs offense was much more efficient and consistent than Cov Cath's was. CCs offense played much, much better the 2nd half of the game, but, was just average the 1st half. NCC manhandled Dixies defense from start to finish and kept Dixie's offense off the field, CCs didn't.. Sure, Pike makes a difference, but, imo, he wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome.

You really don't think Pike makes a difference in Dixie's ability to move the ball, keep possession more and score more points?

Exactly, NamecipS... I said Pike playing wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game because NCC controlled the ball and the clock on offense and kept Dixies offense off the field and even if Pike would have played, that wouldn't have changed. I even said Pike makes a difference in the team, but, not in the outcome of the game vs NCC, imo.. Pike would have made it a little closer, but, when your Oline is getting whipped on 90% of the plays and the defense is in your backfield all night long, I'm not sure any QB would have been very successful.. Those are things NCC did that CC didn't do which makes me feel they're a better ballclub than CC and imo, I don't think NCC would be the #2 team in 4a ahead of Boyle, Western or Lex Catholic, therefore, I don't think CC should be either...

Exactly, NamecipS... I said Pike playing wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game because NCC controlled the ball and the clock on offense and kept Dixies offense off the field and even if Pike would have played, that wouldn't have changed. I even said Pike makes a difference in the team, but, not in the outcome of the game vs NCC, imo.. Pike would have made it a little closer, but, when your Oline is getting whipped on 90% of the plays and the defense is in your backfield all night long, I'm not sure any QB would have been very successful.. Those are things NCC did that CC didn't do which makes me feel they're a better ballclub than CC and imo, I don't think NCC would be the #2 team in 4a ahead of Boyle, Western or Lex Catholic, therefore, I don't think CC should be either...
And really, you don't think NewCath's defensive approach might have changed a bit with Pike on the sideline?

Here's the problem with your logic: You're ignoring the fact that Dixie's offense would have had many more plays from scrimmage had Pike been the QB AND Cohorn been the WR. Dixie was essentially without their top 2 weapons on offense. For every extra play the at Dixie would have run by having their two studs in the game it's one more play that NCC doesn't have the ball . Those plays add up. Less scoring by NCC and more scoring by Dixie equals a closer game. No clue who would have won. Don't really care. Just wanted to point out the error in your logic.

CCH's win was a good win - not a great win - over Dixie simply because Dixie's D is so putrid.