Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terrelle Pryor Drafted Today

Featured Replies

Raiders took him the 3rd round of the supplemental draft.

Guess we will see how he takes to playing receiver. Good luck and good riddance.

Unless he is something other than a QB I think they took him to early. He has a long to way to go to be an NFL QB.

I heard he ran a 4.36 in the 40. Wow!! Could he be the next Michael Vick if someone sticks with him at QB?

I don't necessarily think it was a bad pick. I'm not a Pryor supporter in that I think he's going to be an NFL star, but he's obviously got potential. I can't fault a team for taking that chance and hoping/believing they can develop him. The problem is that I have serious doubts about whether the Raiders can actually develop a guy like that and help him reach his potential. Perhaps Hue Jackson can keep the turnaround that Tom Cable started going. I have my doubts. Especially with the off-season they had. They didn't improve their roster. They only lost good players because of their cap situation.

 

The good thing for Oakland and Pryor is that this year is a wash. The situation and circumstances of his entry to the league takes all the pressure off for this season, IMO. Nothing will be expected of him in 2011, so they have a bit of a grace period to develop him if they do it right. Also, its possible that Pryor has been humbled and may work harder and be more receptive to learning from the bench.

The ultimate lottery ticket. Said for years he could be a great WR with reps.

Raiders took him the 3rd round of the supplemental draft.
Of course they did ...
Perfect, and who else would we have expected to take him?

I told a friend that I wouldn't be surprised if we (I'm a Raiders fan) did take him.....but I didn't expect him to go that soon knowing that we'll have to give up that rounds pick in next season's draft. But, he says that he'll sign immediately and play wherever, I just hope it's not at QB.

 

Later.

  • Author
I told a friend that I wouldn't be surprised if we (I'm a Raiders fan) did take him.....but I didn't expect him to go that soon knowing that we'll have to give up that rounds pick in next season's draft. But, he says that he'll sign immediately and play wherever, I just hope it's not at QB.

 

Later.

 

I think the Raiders now lack a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick next year.

I think the Raiders now lack a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick next year.

:thumb:

As of now, the Raiders have mortgaged half of next year’s draft, because they’d already traded their second-round pick to the Patriots -- meaning they don’t have a second, third or fourth-round draft pick for 2012. That’s not to say Oakland won’t be involved in trades that gets the club a draft pick in those rounds, but for now, the Raiders really have to hope the Campbell and Pryor picks were the right moves to make.

The Raiders always draft people off their 40 time and it doesn't work out well.

The Raiders have a hard time developing WR to WR, and now they want to develope a QB to play WR???

 

I will say this, I like his size and speed, but have my doubts that this works...

He has a better shot at being decent than Maurice Clarett. That's something.

I don't necessarily think it was a bad pick. I'm not a Pryor supporter in that I think he's going to be an NFL star, but he's obviously got potential. I can't fault a team for taking that chance and hoping/believing they can develop him. The problem is that I have serious doubts about whether the Raiders can actually develop a guy like that and help him reach his potential. Perhaps Hue Jackson can keep the turnaround that Tom Cable started going. I have my doubts. Especially with the off-season they had. They didn't improve their roster. They only lost good players because of their cap situation.

 

The good thing for Oakland and Pryor is that this year is a wash. The situation and circumstances of his entry to the league takes all the pressure off for this season, IMO. Nothing will be expected of him in 2011, so they have a bit of a grace period to develop him if they do it right. Also, its possible that Pryor has been humbled and may work harder and be more receptive to learning from the bench.

I think there is a big difference between "potential" and "physical capabilities"; Pryor has the later of the two. His decision making and lack of accuracy never gave me much of an indicator that he could ever translate in to an NFL caliber QB.

Edited by bugatti

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.