Need a new coach -- Yeagle still wants to coach

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he teach?

Football.........and he teaches it better than anyone else around. If he really wants to coach openings or not, many a school would give him the head coaching job if he really were interested.

He can (and should be able to) pick and choose which of many opportunities he wants to pursue.

What sickens me about this is Yeagle lived in Ft. Mitchell and attended Beechwood, went off to college and returned to Beechwood as an assistant, then the last 15 years as head coach. The players throughout the years consider him as a second father. This man is dedicated to the school and the community where he once attended and lived. The sad thing is I don't think those responsible even live in the city, they never have!

I agree with you. The way the whole situation from what I have been told is sicken. He should have been another Coach Bob to retire when he wanted to. I know that a lot of former players aren't happy with the way it ended. He shouldn't got out the way he did.

I have no clue

No kidding.......Fact is Yeagle got it ROYALY..... :fight: and you do have no clue.....Don't go where you tried to go with the Beechwood basketball position (another total debacle) and sway opinion in any certain direction..becouse you would have never made that post if you did know.

I feel better now.......... :thumb:

No kidding.......Fact is Yeagle got it ROYALY..... :fight: and you do have no clue.....Don't go where you tried to go with the Beechwood basketball position (another total debacle) and sway opinion in any certain direction..becouse you would have never made that post if you did know.

I feel better now.......... :thumb:

Good to hear from you, Z.

I'm not sure what I don't have a clue about. I offered no opinion other than to say that we cannot assume Y got it "royally" from the admin because most of us, including me, do not know the situation. Maybe you do and can enlighten us to end the speculation.

However, here's what I find interesting.

Yeagle was never fired, correct? He chose to resign from his teaching position, correct? He now wants to get back into teaching(good for him) but there appears to be no open position . He resigned his HC position, correct?

So the only way , from an outsider's view, that one can say he got it "royally" is to assume that he was lied to. He says he was to get an interview for an opening in the teaching positions. The school says there were no opening a)at all or b)that he was qualified for.

So, are you, Z, saying that someone is lying? If not, what's the issue? Why could he not stay at the HC and wait for a chance to get his teaching job back? Seems simple to us outsiders.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051206/SPT030201/512060384/1068/SPT

"

Beechwood principal Glen Miller said Yeagle couldn't interview for a teaching job because none was open.

You have a legend on the gridiron like that you find a teaching position for him. The lost of Yeagle could have an affect on student athletes going to other local high schools.

Good to hear from you, Z.

I'm not sure what I don't have a clue about. I offered no opinion other than to say that we cannot assume Y got it "royally" from the admin because most of us, including me, do not know the situation. Maybe you do and can enlighten us to end the speculation.

However, here's what I find interesting.

Yeagle was never fired, correct? He chose to resign from his teaching position, correct? He now wants to get back into teaching(good for him) but there appears to be no open position . He resigned his HC position, correct?

So the only way , from an outsider's view, that one can say he got it "royally" is to assume that he was lied to. He says he was to get an interview for an opening in the teaching positions. The school says there were no opening a)at all or b)that he was qualified for.

So, are you, Z, saying that someone is lying? If not, what's the issue? Why could he not stay at the HC and wait for a chance to get his teaching job back? Seems simple to us outsiders.

Agree wholeheartedly. I believe the law is, you can take up to a year off, and a school hast to "hold" your position for you, or rehire you back. If it's longer than a year, then the school can hire someone "permenantly" for that position. If someone was filling his shoes for more than a year, is it fair to dismiss that person from a position to rehire someone who VOLUNTARILY left the postion? IF he wants to really get back into teaching, he won't have any trouble at all finding a spot somewhere (I believe he teaches math, where there is a major shortage).

You have a legend on the gridiron like that you find a teaching position for him. The lost of Yeagle could have an affect on student athletes going to other local high schools.

How exactly can a school, when most are extremely cash strapped, find a postion when one does not exist? :confused:

He will be in NKY 4A next year as an offense coordinator. And anyone that knows me knows where it will be.

If what I understand is true, to be true, there could be lots of problems assoicated with him becoming the offensive coordinator:

1. What will happen when the head coach loses a few games to teams they should beat?

2. Will the natives become restless and call for a change?

3. Will other coaches start to look over their shoulder to him for direction instead of the head coach?

4. Will school adminstration look for a reason to make him the head coach, with all his background most kids would stay in the district instead of leaving for another school.

I am sure there are many more questions that we will talk about on here as the annoncement is made sometime in the very near future. On the record, I think the head coach at school X will get along with him on staff but I think there will be great pressure from outside the program to get him in the head job.