Need a new coach -- Yeagle still wants to coach

Hire from within.

Hire a coach that does not teach in the district. I believe the state legislature removed that requirement AGAINST the wishes of the KHSAA a few years ago.

No...get rid of the principal then the AD, That would make two very attractive positions for a coach....They need to clean house !!!! Now is the time....and I don't just mean the football job......clean out the whole program!!!!....except baseball... :p

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...get rid of the principal then the AD, That would make two very attractive positions for a coach....They need to clean house !!!! Now is the time....and I don't just mean the football job......clean out the whole program!!!!....except baseball... :p

Z, instead of getting this particular thread off on a non-Yeagle discussion regarding your quote above, I started a new thread in the b-ball forum. Your input would be interesting.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=83494

Z, instead of getting this particular thread off on a non-Yeagle discussion regarding your quote above, I started a new thread in the b-ball forum. Your input would be interesting.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=83494

You know where I stand on this subject. Look in the archives and cut and paste till your blue in the face.....You did'nt know, I am a poet as well... :D

Thank goodness he turned over the baseball job......................Beechwood can do better than anyone on the current staff. Time to clean house!!!!

Bring Bernie Barre back....If I'm not mistaken Coach Barre is a principal too !!

Z I know that your a huge Bernie Barre fan but I hope they don't bring him back.

Z I know that your a huge Bernie Barre fan but I hope they don't bring him back.

Bernie is a great man, coach, and more importantly, role model. He set up the program that Mike excelled in. He was the second coach to take Beechwood to state and the first to win. Coached Mike himself. It would be great to have him back.

If I can count correctly, he should be very close to retiring, depending on the Ohio retirement rules. I think it would be great to have him back. Should ask Fred Mariani to join him, and have Ben Powell to assist. Thats a WHOLE LOTTA CLASS...and would be asking for too much!

Why...because Hen said so? Certainly you were to young to form an opinion of Barre.

I was old enough to form an opinion of him. He is a good man but you and I have disagreed on this one before I don't think Beechwood would have won all those state titles with him being head coach.

Bernie is a great man, coach, and more importantly, role model. He set up the program that Mike excelled in. He was the second coach to take Beechwood to state and the first to win. Coached Mike himself. It would be great to have him back.

If I can count correctly, he should be very close to retiring, depending on the Ohio retirement rules. I think it would be great to have him back. Should ask Fred Mariani to join him, and have Ben Powell to assist. Thats a WHOLE LOTTA CLASS...and would be asking for too much!

Who is Ben Powell?

Who is Ben Powell?

You have to be a little gray around the temples to remember him. Years ago, he was an English teacher and the freshman football coach at Beechwood. Very well respected by his players and students.. He coached the boys who eventually went down state for the first time in 74. Most of the men who were on that team credit him with building that first great Beechwood team.

He left years ago and coached and taught at Ockerman. I imagine he is retired by now. The Barre/Mariani/Powell coaching team would be a great combo, but not likely to be a reality. Kinda like fantasy football. I was just reminiscing and dreaming......as we old folks tend to do.