Need a new coach -- Yeagle still wants to coach

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051206/SPT030201/512060384/1068/SPT

"I felt like it was time," said Yeagle, who had not commented on the matter until Monday. "If it weren't for the way the last three years were handled, it might never have happened. I would have never left. I just thought it was time for Beechwood to make a change."

Monday he said that he was promised an opportunity to interview for a teaching job in the spring, but was never given that opportunity.

"I knew then that my days at Beechwood were numbered," Yeagle said.

Beechwood principal Glen Miller said Yeagle couldn't interview for a teaching job because none was open.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess very few of us know what exactly has transpired over the last 3 or so years with Coach Y and the administration. Thus, I think its premature and shortsighted to immediately assume the administration somehow screwed up.

Just because you're one of the top coaches does not mean that you're a top candidate to teach. Its the admin's job to put the best teachers in place. If for some reason they thought that Coach Y is not right for the overall student body, then I have no problem with that.

I have no clue what issues Coach Y is battling/has battled. However, I'm assuming they were not insignificant due to him stepping down from teaching and taking a year off from coaching. You just don't walk away unless its serious.

I'd guess very few of us know what exactly has transpired over the last 3 or so years with Coach Y and the administration. Thus, I think its premature and shortsighted to immediately assume the administration somehow screwed up.

Just because you're one of the top coaches does not mean that you're a top candidate to teach. Its the admin's job to put the best teachers in place. If for some reason they thought that Coach Y is not right for the overall student body, then I have no problem with that.

I have no clue what issues Coach Y is battling/has battled. However, I'm assuming they were not insignificant due to him stepping down from teaching and taking a year off from coaching. You just don't walk away unless its serious.

Good post. Thanks.