theguru

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would almost equate this year’s Brentwood Academy team to this year’s St X team. They might be down due to graduation or whatever, but never count them out. They are in the very top tier of teams in Tennessee year-in and year-out, well coached, and a huge football tradition. With that said, everything I’ve read says Trinity has a very special team this year and should prevail.

I asked for a little more info and got the following:

Brentwood Academy will be very good, as they always are. They were tied with Einsworth until the final minute of the D2 CLass AA State Final last year, so there is usually not a great difference in their high level of talent from year to year. However, after reading BGP threads on the Highlands game, I don't think anyone while be a favorite over Trinity. Down here, the "Big 3" of Nashville Private Schools (Einsworth, Brentwood Acad. & Montgomery Bell) rule D2 - Class AA. The exception is University School of Memphis, which was nationally ranked a couple of years ago. Einsworth looks to be top dog again but all three of the Big 3 play each other during the season so we'll get a better idea before the playoffs.

A lot of folks down here have an attitude that TN level of play is way above KY. They know that Trinity is a "Big Catholic boys school from Louisville" with nationally recognition but still "it's a KY school." Plus Montgomery Bell beat Trinity 3 of 4 during their 2001-2004 series. I'm hoping Trinity can make a big statement with this one!

Most of us in Division 1 do NOT play the D2 schools. We won the Division 1 - Class 5A state championship in 2009 but D2 - Class AA is a different level. The only schools that can consistantly compete (and occasionally do play them) with the "Big 3" would be the Murfreesboro 6A schools (Riverdale, Oakland, Blackmon & Smyrna). Oakland beat Einsworth during the regular season last year.

I wish Trinity could have scheduled Einsworth this year so they would have played the "Big 3" of TN Private schools plus 3 of the 4 Catholic Schools in Cinncy and Cathedral in Indy. With Male, Louisville X & Manual in KY, that would have been a complete 10 game schedule second to none!

I asked for a little more info and got the following:

Brentwood Academy will be very good, as they always are. They were tied with Einsworth until the final minute of the D2 CLass AA State Final last year, so there is usually not a great difference in their high level of talent from year to year. However, after reading BGP threads on the Highlands game, I don't think anyone while be a favorite over Trinity. Down here, the "Big 3" of Nashville Private Schools (Einsworth, Brentwood Acad. & Montgomery Bell) rule D2 - Class AA. The exception is University School of Memphis, which was nationally ranked a couple of years ago. Einsworth looks to be top dog again but all three of the Big 3 play each other during the season so we'll get a better idea before the playoffs.

A lot of folks down here have an attitude that TN level of play is way above KY. They know that Trinity is a "Big Catholic boys school from Louisville" with nationally recognition but still "it's a KY school." Plus Montgomery Bell beat Trinity 3 of 4 during their 2001-2004 series. I'm hoping Trinity can make a big statement with this one!

Most of us in Division 1 do NOT play the D2 schools. We won the Division 1 - Class 5A state championship in 2009 but D2 - Class AA is a different level. The only schools that can consistantly compete (and occasionally do play them) with the "Big 3" would be the Murfreesboro 6A schools (Riverdale, Oakland, Blackmon & Smyrna). Oakland beat Einsworth during the regular season last year.

I wish Trinity could have scheduled Einsworth this year so they would have played the "Big 3" of TN Private schools plus 3 of the 4 Catholic Schools in Cinncy and Cathedral in Indy. With Male, Louisville X & Manual in KY, that would have been a complete 10 game schedule second to none!

Thank you G for the additional info.

I am worried about this game. It will tell us a lot about this group, I think. T didn't face much stout competition last season, although I thought they acquitted themselves fairly well when they did. I hope the same happens this year. The gauntlet begins.

I really cannot make a prediction. Not enough info. But, it looks like the best of KY against the among the best of TN and with T's experience against MBA, I have to believe Brentwood is pretty dang good. I wish Roll Red still posted. He always could give some great info on TN football.