Does Beechwood See Anything Short of A State Championship as a Disappointment?

Ram

I will say it. Beechwood see's another state title and I think that anything less this season would be a huge dissapointment to their coaches, players and fans.

O.K. Beechwood, how's that for putting in on you? :thumb:

Edited by oldrambler

I totally disagree with the "anything other than a championship...." thinking. Even as weak as 1A is Mayfield is still out there and they are extremely talented as well.
Everyone knows that Mayfield is very,very talented. I understood the question to be if "Beechwood" thinks that anything less,not who we think will win it. I say that Beechwood see's anything less than a title is a dissapointment to them.

Sorry, RAM, but ... Beechwood always expects a championship.

Mayfield, Lexington Christian, New Cath, Danville ... there is always a very tough opponent in the path. To be honest, it would be more fun if there were a couple more of those.

LCA is now 2A and Danville, New Cath are 2A well I believe. Edited by oldrambler
spelling

I would hope the answer to that is a yes for a historically talented program like the Tigers. Nothing is easy, and Mayfield is the champion. Having said that, this is the year many of the Beechwood faithful have been pointing towards for a few years.

Everyone knows that Mayfield is very,very talented. I understood the question to be if "Beechwood" thinks that anything less,not who we think will win it. I say that Beechwood see's anything less than a title is a dissapointment to them.

LCA is now 2A and Danville, New Cath are 2A well I believe.

I was talking about history, not this year. Look back over the past 10 years and there was always a team that was a major hurdle and those teams (plus Mayfield, as in my post) have all been great teams that had to be beaten to win a title. There is always a great team in the path of a title, the names have changed over the years but this year is like every other year in that aspect.

And in every one of those years, Beechwood expected to win a title and was disappointed in the years they didn't. That is the way it is at Beechwood.

As I posted in the preview thread:

Yes, hopes and expectations are high for the good reasons stated above. But when I see lines like "If Beechwood doesn't win it all this year, the dynasty is officially over.", I have to laugh. For that Beechwood insider and others with similar thoughts, I am sorry to inform you that "the dynasty" ended in 1999. But two titles and two semi state finishes in the last 4 years isn't bad, is it? How many teams in the state have been in the final four in their class the last four years? So regardless of what happens this year, things are just fine in Tigerland. If you have any doubts, just head on up to the field any night and take a look. It is pretty impressive. From the varsity, to the 35 member freshman team to the new middle school team ... things are great and getting even better.

I agree, which makes them sound pretty well like a dynasty to me still, especially if we are considering it from a NKY perspective. I'm aware of the losses you mentioned, but what they have accomplished in the NKY Class A district has been nothing short of phenomenal. As far as what they have accomplished in the district, they are light years beyond the rest of the teams in the district, which have also had their fair share of good teams over the years.

I know what our expectations are and have been my entire life and that is anything short of a state championship is considered to be disappointing. I do love readingthese threads and seeing Mayfield mentioned over and over. It tells me with must be doing somthing right. I would not worry to much Bwoodians, you guys are the overwhelming favorite this year and all I see comming out of these type threads is added pressure. Trust me the players and alot of coaches read our.

Edited by Ram
Rule 8

Beechwood is as tradition rich a program as there is in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. While I agree that Mayfield should be ranked #1 I still feel this is one of those special Beechwood teams, and yes, we will be disappointed in falling short of another State Championship.

As for Simon-Kenton? Should be a great game with absolutely nothing on the line! Though UK Fan may resort to "Hari Kari" should The Tigers suprise.:D

I totally disagree with the "anything other than a championship...." thinking. Even as weak as 1A is Mayfield is still out there and they are extremely talented as well.

After hearing about the way Beechwood, a 1A school, demolished 5A Conner, which was 6A last year, in the scrimmage this past Friday, my guess is that is their mindset. Why wouldn't it be?

After hearing about the way Beechwood, a 1A school, demolished 5A Conner, which was 6A last year, in the scrimmage this past Friday, my guess is that is their mindset. Why wouldn't it be?

It has nothing to do with what you list. It should be their goal this year because their talent gives them the chance to win it. However, if they lose to Mayfield in no way is their season a disappointment. Sure, they would be disappointed but that doesn't take away from their season should they make it that far.

I think that plenty are aware Beechwood is going to be talented. I believe that their game against Simon Kenton will tell a lot. Simon Kenton has lost many players over the past two seasons, but as good as they have played over the past three and the way the program has been rebuilt in comparison to what it was, I believe that this game will be a big indicator of how Beechwood will do.