Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 51 Ryle 28 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

How was Davis' passing? Any stats? Any interceptions? Any long balls?

 

How was Bir's passing? Any stats? Any interceptions? Any long balls?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy told me that Davis looked like he played at Grant Co. last year..I am assuming he meant he looked a little overwhelmed at times..

I didn't think that was Cov Cath's JV when Ryle scored to make it 28-28. I came away thinking that was a tie. 28-28.

Thanks for the detailed report tog.

ryle freshman won maybe 4 -1 in scores

score was 4-3 and one's only gave up 1 of the 4.

CovCath played alot of people of Defense.

I know the average fan, and even some more knowledgable fans, might miss when it is JV and when it is varsity in these scrimmages, but if you are going to post a scrimmage score, I think you should only include the varsity numbers.

 

Thank you TOG for the excellent (as always) report on the game.

So for those of us that were not there can we take that it was essentially a tie? Time ran out with Ryle 3 yards away from the tying TD?

It was brought to my attention that the young man who scored the TD in the Fourth Quarter for Ryle was "Tanner Pulice". I only heard the PA say Tanner and thought that was his surname. Sorry for reporting the young man name incorrectly!

 

Thank you both Guru and VOR for the kind words!

Coach Wirth has to be pleased overall with his guys. My observations:

 

1) The best hustle play I've seen in a long, long time was Brady Reese running down Travis Elliot on that 91 yd kick return. Outstanding statement about that young man's heart and legs.

2) Blake looked pretty good. He one obvious breakdown and one that floated on him, but for the most part he threw nice balls. Couple of nice plays where he pulled it down and ran.

3) Gabe is a stud. Can't say enough about how good he looked.

4) The O-line is huge and played well. A couple of false starts and a little fist scrimmage jitters but nothing that can't be fixed.

5) CCH gave up way too many big plays. That might be Achilles's heel this year.

6) I absolutely loved the run by Christian Howard late in the game. He took a stutter step that shook the jock strap off the Ryle defender.

7) Tackling was better than last year. I disagree with the earlier poster who said that Elliot ran all over CCH. With the glaringly obvious exception of the big plays, they contained Elliot better that I expected them to.

8) Talkers is a huge weapon, but the KO team can't assume he's gonna put it out of the end zone every time.

9) CovCath HAS TO GET DRESSMAN ON THE FIELD ON OFFENSE!!! Wide reciever? Blake had success down field last year with a tall wide out. Dressman is a waste sitting on the bench!!

10) A couple of great catches by McDowell The sideline catch was reminiscent of Robinsion and Connelly. That said, WAY TOO MANY DROPPED BALLS. Good efforts by the o-line and QB were wasted by drops.

11) They need some work in the secondary. Loosing the entire starting crew to graduation hurt. I think, however, that can be fixed, but they need to do it soon.

12) Is there anyone in the school who can play the beefy fullback? They need one to compliment Gabe. What happened to Lenkheit?

13) Ryle's safeties are big and fast.

14) The Ryle fans were very gracious hosts. Thanks.

  • Author

So no serious injuries for either team?

  • Author
Cov Cath is better than last year. Ryle is about the same and that is good.

 

If Ryle is about the same as last year, as a CovCath fan I am stoked about the potential of this team.

So for those of us that were not there can we take that it was essentially a tie? Time ran out with Ryle 3 yards away from the tying TD?

 

Clyde it was agreed upon, prior to the start of the scrimmage between the two schools, that it was going to be three quarters long with the starters playing under regular season rules, while the fourth quarter would be played with subs!

 

Now if it were a real game and it was the last quarter and the player was stopped with 0:00 on the clock but still four yards away from scoring, would you call it a tie?

 

I must add that if indeed this were a real game, CovCath would have on-sided kicked the ball and not given Ryle/Elliott a chance at returning the ball.

If Ryle is about the same as last year, as a CovCath fan I am stoked about the potential of this team.

 

I don't think there is any way Ryle is about the same as last year. However, if I were a CCH fan I would be optimistic about the result.

Clyde it was agreed upon, prior to the start of the scrimmage between the two schools, that it was going to be three quarters long with the starters playing under regular season rules, while the fourth quarter would be played with subs!

 

Now if it were a real game and it was the last quarter and the player was stopped with 0:00 on the clock but still four yards away from scoring, would you call it a tie?

 

I must add that if indeed this were a real game, CovCath would have on-sided kicked the ball and not given Ryle/Elliott a chance at returning the ball.

 

I'm not looking at it like it was a W/L decision. I'm looking at from level of play. Sounds pretty darn even to me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.