Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nick Petrino question

Featured Replies

OK, here's a new thread on Nick Petrino. And let me start off by saying everything in this post is FACT. I know a lot of things are said on here and lots of speculation but Guru you can trust me this is a true statement.

 

First off, Nick Petrino is a special kid. I don't know him, only to say 'Good game' but this kid has had so much pressure on him this year. His dad is an offensive genius, head coach at the local university and his QB coach is the father of the legend QB who now plays for your dad. Come on.

 

I for one admit early this year I said no way he can play Division I and I am still not 100 percent sold because of that - yes - size. But I think he will get a shot and I think college recruiters are taking notice.

 

OK, here comes the fact. Joker Phillips was at the game Friday night and his comment to a group as the game ended - the group included two of my best friends in the world - was "Petrino was the best player on the field."

 

I know it was only one game but a pretty strong statement. So there I ask, do college recruiters even bother talking to the kid? I mean come on his dad is the coach at U of L. If he's good, where do you think he goes!

 

Just a curious observer here.

 

On a final note, Nick great season, great game the other night and good luck in the offseason. I look forward to the Petrino to Petrino connection next season when I watch the Rocks.

Petrino to UK. Now that would be crazy. You bring up a good point though ESJ.

  • Author

Yeah, I don't see him to UK, actually that would be funny. :lol:

 

But really I don't know what you do if you are a Division I college coach. I guess you just recruit him like any other kid? What are others thoughts?

Yeah, I don't see him to UK, actually that would be funny. :lol:

 

But really I don't know what you do if you are a Division I college coach. I guess you just recruit him like any other kid? What are others thoughts?

Send your recruiting questions to SA, he's the master in that department. Just messing.

 

I would guess he's not good enough for Louisville right? Just go after him like you've never heard of his dad IMO.

I would guess he's not good enough for Louisville right? Just go after him like you've never heard of his dad IMO.

 

UL has been known for their very talented QB's, so to go there and play would be a big accomplishment. As for recruiters, you do exactly what OR said...I believe if his dad wants him, he'll get him. There's no reason for recruiters not to go after him just because he's Petrino's son. It may not be in Nick's best interest to go to UofL, so why not take a chance recruiting him?

If history has any say, he'll play for his dad. Coach Petrino played for his dad in college.

How big is Nick?????????What are his stats for this year??????????

OK, here's a new thread on Nick Petrino. And let me start off by saying everything in this post is FACT. I know a lot of things are said on here and lots of speculation but Guru you can trust me this is a true statement.

 

First off, Nick Petrino is a special kid. I don't know him, only to say 'Good game' but this kid has had so much pressure on him this year. His dad is an offensive genius, head coach at the local university and his QB coach is the father of the legend QB who now plays for your dad. Come on.

 

I for one admit early this year I said no way he can play Division I and I am still not 100 percent sold because of that - yes - size. But I think he will get a shot and I think college recruiters are taking notice.

 

OK, here comes the fact. Joker Phillips was at the game Friday night and his comment to a group as the game ended - the group included two of my best friends in the world - was "Petrino was the best player on the field."

 

I know it was only one game but a pretty strong statement. So there I ask, do college recruiters even bother talking to the kid? I mean come on his dad is the coach at U of L. If he's good, where do you think he goes!

 

Just a curious observer here.

 

On a final note, Nick great season, great game the other night and good luck in the offseason. I look forward to the Petrino to Petrino connection next season when I watch the Rocks.

 

Stefan LeFors was supposedly not a D1 QB because of his size, that worked out OK ;) for UofL & Stefan. Petrino is not as fast (and I guess not as tall) as LeFors was but has some similar traits. I think he's worth a letter & a phone call to gage his interest, even from Joker Phillips...what's the worst that happens, Nick says "no thanks"?

Being the best player in a game does not warrant a scholly. He will play somewhere Iam sure. Centre or somehwere like that he could excel. He played his butt off Friday but lets not get carried away.

Stefan LeFors was supposedly not a D1 QB because of his size, that worked out OK ;) for UofL & Stefan. Petrino is not as fast (and I guess not as tall) as LeFors was but has some similar traits. I think he's worth a letter & a phone call to gage his interest, even from Joker Phillips...what's the worst that happens, Nick says "no thanks"?

Not even close.

Petrino Is Ul Bound!!!!!

Nick is a nice high school quarterback playing in the best system for him. He has absolutly no shot at playing at a D-1 college. This is not a knock on him just a fact.

Nick is a nice high school quarterback playing in the best system for him. He has absolutly no shot at playing at a D-1 college. This is not a knock on him just a fact.

 

 

What about at another position?

 

Keep in mind, he's 16....lots of kids have shot up a few inches after turing 16. I think that with some more weight, he could be an RB in college....

 

Oh...and don't forget...Deion Branch is only 5'9"/193 and plays for the Patriots....Nick could be a QB turned receiver. I don't think he's NOT going to play DI Ball, it just may not be at QB.

What about at another position?

 

Keep in mind, he's 16....lots of kids have shot up a few inches after turing 16. I think that with some more weight, he could be an RB in college....

 

Oh...and don't forget...Deion Branch is only 5'9"/193 and plays for the Patriots....Nick could be a QB turned receiver. I don't think he's NOT going to play DI Ball, it just may not be at QB.

He is short, but he is also a player...He scored that second TD on a busted play...He made something out of nothing....A lot of QBs would have been sacked on that play. Doug Flutie was little and a player too.....remember his last college pass?

 

Is Petrino a Flutie or a Brohm?...NO WAY ! but he is only 16 as Rockmom has pointed out. He can still grow....heck I grew about 5 inches when I was 17. Also remember that his Dad is a known offensive master and hard worker....If any of that has rubbed off...Nick could surprise! ALSO....His current QB coach might just know a little about coaching that position.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.