The Amazing Spider-Man

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredibly stupid to reboot this IMO. Count me among those who won't be seeing it. No sense in rewarding Hollywood's incredible lack of creativity and originality.

I hear ya. I'm all for a new set of actors, but why do we need to see the story of how Spider Man began again?

I might rent it when it comes out on DVD, but I probably won't be going to the movies to see this one.

So they are doing the same basic story again? If that is true, then count me out. Definitely too soon to do a remake. If they were doing a different story with different actors, that is fine. Then it just comes down to making a good movie. But I have no interest in seeing someone else tweak the same story.

There are some things that really bug me about this, mostly the fact that it is too soon. Although I will admit there are a thing or two that I do like about this. I think the guy cast fits the bill better than Toby did, the scrawny lanky nerd makes more sense. I also like the fact that they are starting with Gwen Stacey this time around.

Either way though, I have no intention of seeing this one in theaters. Maybe the dollar theaters, but definitely not first run.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw this one tonight. I'm a pretty big Spider-Man fan, and this got a solid B from me. A lot to like, and I think it builds a solid foundation for sequels. I had few issues at all leading up to the climactic battles. Then some irritations started to creep in. Many little stupid things that they did in the Spider-Man trilogy. Things like the ever stupid "New Yorkers are heroes too" stuff that they love to put in there. The Lizard looked ridiculous, but unfortunately I believe that's because you really can't make that character look good onscreen. But overall, solid B and entertaining. I'll probably own it on DVD.