July 18, 201115 yr Via Twitter.... KySportsRadio Matt Jones Houston radio host says Billy Gillispie one of the last to see Ponzi scheme owner alive and was angry in office last week. Very sad story 58 minutes ago Could be an interesting story.
July 18, 201115 yr A whole slew of coaches were involved in this, so it will no doubt be an interesting story with a very tragic ending.
July 18, 201115 yr So wait, Billy Gillispie is a suspect in the murder of a banker? Why, was the guy found locked in a toilet stall?
July 18, 201115 yr First, anything Jones says about Billy Gillispie I throw out the window, and he never has anything good to say about him! Second, it was a SUICIDE! How does Billy G play into that? He doesn't! Third, I see a lot of NCAA sanctions coming down! Giving money to someone who runs a summer basketball program, for any reason, is a violation.
July 18, 201115 yr First, anything Jones says about Billy Gillispie I throw out the window, and he never has anything good to say about him! Second, it was a SUICIDE! How does Billy G play into that? He doesn't! Third, I see a lot of NCAA sanctions coming down! Giving money to someone who runs a summer basketball program, for any reason, is a violation. If the Cats had to cheat to make the NIT under BCG I'm going to burn my BCG fan card.
July 18, 201115 yr First, anything Jones says about Billy Gillispie I throw out the window, and he never has anything good to say about him! Second, it was a SUICIDE! How does Billy G play into that? He doesn't! Third, I see a lot of NCAA sanctions coming down! Giving money to someone who runs a summer basketball program, for any reason, is a violation. Agree.
July 18, 201115 yr This has trouble written all over it: A former NCAA basketball coach said he was approached by local AAU coach and investment adviser David Salinas for "a significant sum of money" to invest in exchange for steering players from his AAU program. "He hinted he could steer players my way," the coach told the Chronicle on Monday. "I never got involved with him, period." http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/7657991.html
July 18, 201115 yr This has trouble written all over it: A former NCAA basketball coach said he was approached by local AAU coach and investment adviser David Salinas for "a significant sum of money" to invest in exchange for steering players from his AAU program. "He hinted he could steer players my way," the coach told the Chronicle on Monday. "I never got involved with him, period." http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/7657991.html Will be interesting to see the list of all involved. Then what the NCAA would do.
July 18, 201115 yr Will be interesting to see the list of all involved. Then what the NCAA would do. Supposedly, there are numerous coaches are involved but trying to stay out of trouble. IF those names are released, it could get really interesting.
July 20, 201115 yr Sounds fishy, investing money with a guy who is in the AAU business. I'm sure some coaches were placed on a priority list once they handed their money over.
July 20, 201115 yr Billy G invested and lost the most of any of the coaches named so far at 2.3 million...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.