July 27, 201115 yr Author Bailey or Wood??? I actually think Wood would be more valuable in a park like Coors Field. I would be willing to include either, but not both, in a package for Jimenez though.....Wood/Bailey, Grandal, Alonso/Heisey, Boxberger?
July 27, 201115 yr Author Rosenthal just tweeted that the Rockies are not requiring the Reds to include Hamilton or Mesoraco in a deal for Ubaldo. Says other big pieces (me think that means Chapman or Homer) though.
July 27, 201115 yr If the Reds get rid of Chapman I'd going to be more than mad. They haven't even given him enough time to get his stuff right.
July 27, 201115 yr Author Now Rosenthal is saying the Reds are focusing their efforts on acquiring the "unavailable" James Shields instead of going full force after Jimenez. They now say the Yankees are the most likely landing spot for Ubaldo.
July 27, 201115 yr Now Rosenthal is saying the Reds are focusing their efforts on acquiring the "unavailable" James Shields instead of going full force after Jimenez. They now say the Yankees are the most likely landing spot for Ubaldo.I'm of the opinion that Rosenthal mainly talks for his own benefit... Example.
July 27, 201115 yr Author I'm of the opinion that Rosenthal mainly talks for his own benefit... Example. It was also said to be a complete shock that they gave up Wheeler....:idunno:
July 27, 201115 yr It was also said to be a complete shock that they gave up Wheeler....:idunno:Yea, but an hour before Olney says Wheeler is going to be centerpiece he says it with certainty that Wheeler will not be included. Rosenthal has just always struck me as the type of reporter who believes, "if I throw enough out there something will stick"...
July 27, 201115 yr Rosenthal just tweeted that the Rockies are not requiring the Reds to include Hamilton or Mesoraco in a deal for Ubaldo. Says other big pieces (me think that means Chapman or Homer) though.I have a hard time believing that Mesoraco (or maybe Grandal) wouldn't be part of any possible deal for Jimenez.
July 28, 201115 yr If I'm Jocketty I just hold out until Sunday if possible. The Reds could be 8-10 games out of first place and be sellers.
July 28, 201115 yr If I'm Jocketty I just hold out until Sunday if possible. The Reds could be 8-10 games out of first place and be sellers. With Jiminez under their control for multiple years it would be as much of a trade for next season as this one anyway.
July 28, 201115 yr With Jiminez under their control for multiple years it would be a trade for next season anyway. Yep. Trade for Jimenez and deal Coco and Hernandez for prospects.
July 28, 201115 yr With Jiminez under their control for multiple years it would be as much of a trade for next season as this one anyway. Yes you are right. I really would hate to see them have to give up Bailey and another top player for him though. Imo Bailey is starting to learn how to pitch and his attitude is 100% different than it was a few years ago.
July 31, 201115 yr Close this one. Gone to the Indians. I'm sure they sold the farm to get him. Gave up their two top pitching prospects.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.