Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ubaldo Jimenez - On the Reds Radar?

Featured Replies

What were Hardys minor numbers?
Nothing that makes him comparable to Cozart because of the differences in age and levels ... Hardy was in Double-A by 20 and Triple-A by 21.
  • Replies 119
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing that makes him comparable to Cozart because of the differences in age and levels ... Hardy was in Double-A by 20 and Triple-A by 21.

 

I don't think he ever hit 20 hrs in minors though...

I don't think he ever hit 20 hrs in minors though...
He has in the majors, twice, and I would be willing to bet that if he had stayed in the minors through age 25 or 26 that he would have. Again, their minor league stats aren't comparable at all because of the discrepancy in their ages and the levels at which they played.
Why would the Rocks trade Jimenez with that contract in place?

 

Exactly. This is a pretty silly discussion as it's not going to happen...

 

That's what I am trying to understand also. Why would the Rockies trade Jimenez?

  • Author

Jon Heyman from SI just tweeted:

 

"rivals believe #reds equipped to trade for top reliever and/or Jimenez. Ubaldo package could be: alonso/wood/volquez."

I'd make that trade in a millisecond if I were Walt. I don't see the Rocks accepting that though. :idunno:

Jon Heyman from SI just tweeted:

 

"rivals believe #reds equipped to trade for top reliever and/or Jimenez. Ubaldo package could be: alonso/wood/volquez."

I'd make that trade in a millisecond if I were Walt. I don't see the Rocks accepting that though. :idunno:

 

Fat chance they are taking that trade.

If the Rockies are really willing to trade Jimenez with his contract shouldn't that be alarming that maybe his arm isn't healthy?

Think of a rotation with Jimenez, Cueto, Chapman, and Homer. It's not gonna happen but it's nice to think about.

  • Author
Fat chance they are taking that trade.

 

I agree....If I'm the Reds, I'd substitute or include Grandal as well.

  • Author
If the Rockies are really willing to trade Jimenez with his contract shouldn't that be alarming that maybe his arm isn't healthy?

 

He's looked pretty darn good as of late. :idunno:

  • Author
Think of a rotation with Jimenez, Cueto, Chapman, and Homer at the top.

 

With Arroyo in the middle to break up the fireballers....:eek:

He's looked pretty darn good as of late. :idunno:

 

I'd love to have him, but guys like him aren't usually available with that kind of contract. I'd make a deal, but I'd be a lot skeptical.

Fangraphs did a Top 50 Trade Value series similar to what Simmons does with the NBA. They placed Ubaldo at #25. Here is what they said:

 

#25 – Ubaldo Jimenez, SP, Colorado: +16.4

 

Compared to last year, Jimenez’s fastball is down nearly 3 MPH and his ERA is up over 4.00, but in reality he’s not pitching all that much worse. The spike in runs allowed is about runner stranding, and his peripherals are pretty much in line with his career norms. There would be a bit less demand for him this year than last, but teams will still look at Jimenez as a young front-line starter. Toss in his insanely team-friendly contract ($21 million over the next four years if both team options are picked up), and even without the premium fastball that he had last year, the Rockies would still be able to command a ransom for Jimenez.

3 MPH should be a red flag and it might be why they might be willing to deal him. I did notice that his WHIP last year wasn't insanely good for the numbers he had.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.