Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ubaldo Jimenez - On the Reds Radar?

Featured Replies

Which means he's not really "available". Joey Votto is "availabale" too if a team is willing to give up way too much. That's been my point all along.
Look back through the thread. I've been the main one carrying this banner.
  • Replies 119
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look back through the thread. I've been the main one carrying this banner.

 

Agreed. It's why I've been saying if he is available something is wrong.

Ubaldo knocked around a little bit today @ Arizona, 5 inn 8 hits 5 er. He did strike out 8. Former Red Michah Owings now back with Arizona in line for his 4th win (4-0) with a 2.36 era.

The Rockies want Devin Mesoraco and Aroldis Chapman in exchange for Ubaldo Jimenez.

The Rockies want Devin Mesoraco and Aroldis Chapman in exchange for Ubaldo Jimenez.

 

That I would turn down. Mesoraco I could live with but it makes no sense to give up Chapman--I'd rather take a chance on him becoming a dominant closer/starter.

The Rockies want Devin Mesoraco and Aroldis Chapman in exchange for Ubaldo Jimenez.
Has that been reported somewhere?

 

I wonder how much value Chapman has on the open market, given his control issues and the fact that he's still owed $20M on his contract.

^ By Fay.

 

$16.25M signing bonus ($1.5M at signing; $1.5M each Nov. 1, 2010-13; $1.25M each Nov. 1, 2014-20)

 

10:$1M, 11:$1M, 12:$2M, 13:$2M, 14:$3M, 15:$5M player option

 

Chapman must decide whether to accept or decline 2015 player option within 5 days after end of 2014 World Series

if Chapman qualifies for arbitration after 2012, $5M is converted to a bonus and he becomes arbitration-eligible

if Chapman qualifies for arbitration after 2013, $3M is converted to a bonus and he becomes arbitration-eligible

There's a better chance of LRCW buying #12 wrist bands than the Reds trading Chapman, IMO.

There's a better chance of LRCW buying #12 wrist bands than the Reds trading Chapman, IMO.
Maybe, but he's owed more money than Jimenez, with a fraction of the proven worth.

I just think they may give him a shot in a starting or closer role before willing to deal him. You may be correct, though. Jocketty could very well be thinking that.

Maybe, but he's owed more money than Jimenez, with a fraction of the proven worth.

 

Agreed. I'd much rather trade Chapman. I think the Reds will use him as a closer after this year and closers are easier to get than front line guys like Jimenez.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.