Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ubaldo Jimenez - On the Reds Radar?

Featured Replies

Why would the Rocks trade Jimenez with that contract in place?
Exactly. This is a pretty silly discussion as it's not going to happen...
  • Replies 119
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly makes Cozart a "J.J. Hardy type" shortstop?

 

Nobody really knows yet do they, I for one think he is playing well so far and wouldn't trade Alonso for Hardy...I save Alonso for a trade that will actually help the team, I don't see Hardy as putting this team over the top...I believe Cozart can help this team just as much as Hardy...

I'd trade Dusty for Hardy.

  • Author
Exactly. This is a pretty silly discussion as it's not going to happen...

 

There's got to be at least something to it or Ken Rosenthal wouldn't have wasted his time reporting on it...

 

Liklihood of it happening is very slim, but it's obviously being discussed about at least internally at this point.

There's got to be at least something to it or Ken Rosenthal wouldn't have wasted his time reporting on it...

 

Liklihood of it happening is very slim, but it's obviously being discussed about at least internally at this point.

He can be on the Reds "radar" all they want. I'm sure every team has a huge radar that extends to players they can only dream of getting for the price they conjure up. Jimenez is just that kind of player for the Reds.

 

As far as Rosenthal is concerned, he A) needs something to talk about and B) didn't sound like anything was remotely close.

 

So I stick to my statement that this is a pretty silly discussion and isn't going to happen.

Would it not be worth it to try? The Reds need an ace, and this is about as close as they can get (potential-wise) for a price they can afford. Alonso, plus a young pitcher or two wouldn't be worth a try?

 

That's not really what I was saying. It all depends on the package they have to give up.

Why would the Rocks trade Jimenez with that contract in place?

 

I have no idea.

I believe Cozart can help this team just as much as Hardy...
Based on ... what?
  • Author
Based on ... what?

 

I'd say he has the potential to be every bit as good offensively. Defensively, I'm not real sure on Cozart, but I've liked what I've seen thus far.

 

If Hardy is a better option, I'm not sure it's by enough to justify giving up Alonso and paying him what he's making with Cozart here on the cheap. JMO.

I'd say he has the potential to be every bit as good offensively. Defensively, I'm not real sure on Cozart, but I've liked what I've seen thus far.

 

If Hardy is a better option, I'm not sure it's by enough to justify giving up Alonso and paying him what he's making with Cozart here on the cheap. JMO.

Hardy has a .754 career OPS ... in the major leagues. Cozart's career OPS is .755 ... in the minors.

 

Hardy appears to be in his way to his third 20-HR season ... Cozart's season-high is 17. Again, that was in the minors.

 

One more thing ... Cozart just made his way to the major leagues about a month shy of his 26th birthday. At that point in his life, Hardy was in his fourth year as a starter (one shortened by a bad ankle injury) and had hit close to 60 homers in the major leagues.

  • Author
Hardy has a .754 career OPS ... in the major leagues. Cozart's career OPS is .755 ... in the minors.

 

Hardy appears to be in his way to his third 20-HR season ... Cozart's season-high is 17. Again, that was in the minors.

 

One more thing ... Cozart just made his way to the major leagues about a month shy of his 26th birthday. At that point in his life, Hardy was in his fourth year as a starter (one shortened by a bad ankle injury) and had hit close to 60 homers in the major leagues.

 

Hardy's 162 game averages are : .264 avg. 21 HR 74 RBI

 

I see Cozart as being potentially anywhere from a .250-.270avg. 10-15 HR, 50-60 RBI type offensive player. Hardy's numbers are better, but I'm not sure it's enough of an increase to justify the added expense.

Hardy's 162 game averages are : .264 avg. 21 HR 74 RBI

 

I see Cozart as being potentially anywhere from a .250-.270avg. 10-15 HR, 50-60 RBI type offensive player. Hardy's numbers are better, but I'm not sure it's enough of an increase to justify the added expense.

That's a pretty optimistic view of Cozart's potential. Really, his offensive performance in the minors looks a lot like that of Adam Rosales, who some Reds fans on here were all hot for when he got off to a good start at Louisville a few years ago. We saw how that worked out.

 

Alonso is on pace for something like .300-17-75 at Louisville and is locked into the easiest position to fill ... really, does that make him that valuable of a trade chip, especially with teams knowing he has no place on the Reds' roster?

I was just saying what I read on ESPN.com rumors section. I think they should bring up Alonso and put in LF. But I would also like an upgrade at SS.

I wouldn't give up Leake for Jimenez, but if the Reds could make a deal where Edison Volquez is out of Cincinnati, I think everyone would be happy...

Hardy has a .754 career OPS ... in the major leagues. Cozart's career OPS is .755 ... in the minors.

 

Hardy appears to be in his way to his third 20-HR season ... Cozart's season-high is 17. Again, that was in the minors.

 

One more thing ... Cozart just made his way to the major leagues about a month shy of his 26th birthday. At that point in his life, Hardy was in his fourth year as a starter (one shortened by a bad ankle injury) and had hit close to 60 homers in the major leagues.

 

What were Hardys minor numbers?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.