July 20, 201115 yr This may be a silly question, but if you buyout the 2012 option do you also have to buyout the '13 and '14 options? Nope. Once you exercise a buyout, you are out of the contract.
July 20, 201115 yr From Jayson Stark's twitter: An official of team that checked in on Ubaldo Jimenez says we should stop talking about him b/c Rockies never had serious intent to deal him.
July 20, 201115 yr Nope. Once you exercise a buyout, you are out of the contract.Thanks. That's what I thought but wanted to double check.
July 20, 201115 yr From Jayson Stark's twitter: I really never thought they were serious unless there was something medically they knew.
July 20, 201115 yr I really never thought they were serious unless there was something medically they knew. They can't trade him if he is hurt. There is nothing medically wrong with him.
July 21, 201115 yr He would have a club option... 11:$4.25M, 12:$7M club option ($2M buyout), 13:$9M club option ($1.5M buyout), 14:$12M club option ($1M buyout) Thanks overlooked the options.
July 21, 201115 yr They can't trade him if he is hurt. There is nothing medically wrong with him. Teams don't deal aces with reasonable contracts. I'm not saying he needs surgery. I'm saying if he's available they think that he's not getting back the velocity.
July 21, 201115 yr Teams don't deal aces with reasonable contracts. I'm not saying he needs surgery. I'm saying if he's available they think that he's not getting back the velocity. He still throws like 96. He's not hurt.
July 21, 201115 yr He still throws like 96. He's not hurt. Then he's a head case or he not really " available".
July 21, 201115 yr This has been one of the more puzzling trade rumors I have heard in recent years. Has anyone seen or heard any explanation of why Colorado would think about trading him? This rumor just hasn't made any sense to me at all from the get go.
July 21, 201115 yr ^ They are 9.5 games out of first and need a lot to get back to playoff contention. Maybe they are playing towards the future and trying to stock the farm system. Just because someone is trading a good player doesn't mean he is a headcase or is hurt.
July 21, 201115 yr ^ They are 9.5 games out of first and need a lot to get back to playoff contention. Maybe they are playing towards the future and trying to stock the farm system. Just because someone is trading a good player doesn't mean he is a headcase or is hurt.And they are asking for a small fortune to do it.
July 21, 201115 yr ^ They are 9.5 games out of first and need a lot to get back to playoff contention. Maybe they are playing towards the future and trying to stock the farm system. Just because someone is trading a good player doesn't mean he is a headcase or is hurt. And they are asking for a small fortune to do it. Which is the only thing that makes sense. I think the Rockies are hoping someone will over reach and they will get a windfall of sorts. I will be surprised to see him dealt.
July 21, 201115 yr And they are asking for a small fortune to do it. Which means he's not really "available". Joey Votto is "availabale" too if a team is willing to give up way too much. That's been my point all along.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.