Kentucky Bucket List

Zoot Soup

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you suggest?

For those who are architecture nerds like me or simply have a fondness for all things old and reverent (also me), the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington is, to my mind, the most beautifully built church in Kentucky. Definitely worth a look. To think that construction on it was stopped in 1915 and it's still technically unfinished only makes me wonder how spectacular it would be if they'd completed it. The exterior is modeled on Notre Dame, the interior on the Royal Cathedral of St. Denis in France and it has two of the three largest rose windows anywhere in the world. Absolutely spectacular.

For those who are architecture nerds like me or simply have a fondness for all things old and reverent (also me), the Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington is, to my mind, the most beautifully built church in Kentucky. Definitely worth a look. To think that construction on it was stopped in 1915 and it's still technically unfinished only makes me wonder how spectacular it would be if they'd completed it. The exterior is modeled on Notre Dame, the interior on the Royal Cathedral of St. Denis in France and it has two of the three largest rose windows anywhere in the world. Absolutely spectacular.

I like the gargoyles

Apparently, there is literally nothing worth seeing in NKY. :idunno:

It was extremely Central KY biased IMO.

Not saying that I disagree with you, but it was an article in a Lexington news outlet. Being from Northern Kentucky, I don't know that I could tell you that much about the other parts of the state.