Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 9)

Featured Replies

  • Author
Do you really think they'd DFA him when you got a guy like Gomes that couldn't hit Little League pitching right now?

 

How can Gomes keep getting a free pass for his pathetic play?

 

 

What has Fred Lewis done? Gomes has shown he's capable of getting hot, and he hits .286 against lefties. As westsider stated he is being used the wrong way by Dusty. The Reds need to play him against lefties only, and keep him as a player with some pop off the bench. Lewis adds nothing to the team IMO.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 49.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What has Fred Lewis done? Gomes has shown he's capable of getting hot, and he hits .286 against lefties. As westsider stated he is being used the wrong way by Dusty. The Reds need to play him against lefties only, and keep him as a player with some pop off the bench. Lewis adds nothing to the team IMO.

 

I agree he needs to be used against lefties. I'm saying they can't justify making a move with anyone other than Gomes (unless it's a pitcher). He's sucking more and more every day, and is continually getting a pass.

  • Author
I agree he needs to be used against lefties. I'm saying they can't justify making a move with anyone other than Gomes (unless it's a pitcher). He's sucking more and more every day, and is continually getting a pass.

 

 

And I'm saying they can justify releasing Lewis over Gomes.

What has Fred Lewis done? Gomes has shown he's capable of getting hot, and he hits .286 against lefties. As westsider stated he is being used the wrong way by Dusty. The Reds need to play him against lefties only, and keep him as a player with some pop off the bench. Lewis adds nothing to the team IMO.

 

He hasn't had much of a choice in his defense. I think Gomes would be more likely because no one is going to take his contract and he would likely accept the assignment.

Lewis, over the course of his career, has been decent against righties (.350+ OBP) and could help at the top of the order. I think the Reds might be able to get by with a Lewis-Gomes platoon, with Lewis or Heisey as the defensive replacement.

No way it's Gomes.

  • Author
Lewis, over the course of his career, has been decent against righties (.350+ OBP) and could help at the top of the order. I think the Reds might be able to get by with a Lewis-Gomes platoon, with Lewis or Heisey as the defensive replacement.

 

 

If the reports are true that Frazier has been recalled somebody has to go though.

Where is Frazier going to play? Spell Rolen? LF?

  • Author
He hasn't had much of a choice in his defense. I think Gomes would be more likely because no one is going to take his contract and he would likely accept the assignment.

 

 

I can't see Gomes taking a minor league assignment.

  • Author
Where is Frazier going to play? Spell Rolen? LF?

 

 

He has played about everywhere in the minors. I would say they called him up to play LF though.

It's probably Volquez for now with a move coming later for a pitcher

In comparing Lewis and Gomes its Lewis and not even close...Lewis gets the nod in speed, Lewis gets the nod in Dfense...Yea Gomes hits LHP but Lewis hit RHP...Lewis has started for the Giants in the past and he had a productive season for the Bluejays last season...Also Gomes has had his chance and Lewis has not...I love Gomes he was great for this ball club but the only thing keeping him around is his passion and presence in the club house but even it could be starting to wear down since the most important thing to everyone in the clubhouse is winning...Gomes stay in the bigs has been running on fumes for weeks now, however I feel another big league club that needs help would be willing to give him a chance...I'd love to see Gomes, Lewis, Heisey and Frazier all on the Reds but it can't happen unless they are going to let go of Cairo, Release Edgar or send down Janish...I guess it could be one of the three I just mentioned because Frazier is capable of playing every inf position besides catcher...

  • Author
In comparing Lewis and Gomes its Lewis and not even close...Lewis gets the nod in speed, Lewis gets the nod in Dfense...Yea Gomes hits LHP but Lewis hit RHP...Lewis has started for the Giants in the past and he had a productive season for the Bluejays last season...Also Gomes has had his chance and Lewis has not...I love Gomes he was great for this ball club but the only thing keeping him around is his passion and presence in the club house but even it could be starting to wear down since the most important thing to everyone in the clubhouse is winning...Gomes stay in the bigs has been running on fumes for weeks now, however I feel another big league club that needs help would be willing to give him a chance...I'd love to see Gomes, Lewis, Heisey and Frazier all on the Reds but it can't happen unless they are going to let go of Cairo, Release Edgar or send down Janish...I guess it could be one of the three I just mentioned because Frazier is capable of playing every inf position besides catcher...

 

 

Did Lewis have a more productive season for the Blue Jays than Gomes did for the Reds? I would be shocked if Gomes was released before Lewis.

I can't see Gomes taking a minor league assignment.

 

Why not?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.