Conner 5 Covington Catholic 1

No one is talking much about Conner but they have several good wins this year. The District Semi's will be good in the 33rd as well as 35th.

Conner 5, Covington Catholic 1

WP -Nelson (4-3); LP -Hellmann. Leaders: Con-Maines 2B, 2 RBI. Records: Con 16-8.

Maybe a little hangover from winning the Conner Classic over the weekend for Cov Cath ?

Who knows? I'd have to go back but it doesn't seem like CCH scored a lot of runs in the Classic so the offense is challenged right now.

If you field the bunts, Cov Cath doesn't seem to score much. They scored a lot in the Cooper game but Cooper threw their bottom 3 pitchers including 1 who I think has thrown 2 inning's in the last 2 years and Cooper's defense didn't help them much. Cov Cath is solid and can beat anyone as most scores will be low and close.

If CCH doesn't figure out how to structure the defense they are going to have to get a lot of offense.

How do you structure a defense when both the third basemen are or have been hurt, your starting left fielder has a shoulder injury and the kid who replaces him has to move to rf because the rf has an arm injury? It's been a rough year in Park Hills for injuries.

How do you structure a defense when both the third basemen are or have been hurt, your starting left fielder has a shoulder injury and the kid who replaces him has to move to rf because the rf has an arm injury? It's been a rough year in Park Hills for injuries.

I didn't say it was easy. I just said that it's a problem that is going to rear its ugly head.

Is the RF who has an arm injury Severson?