LLoyd Invitational track meet

Thanks. I can see the thinking then. I was not aware of the different rules used for this meet. That certainly helps Cov Cath as they do have a very deep team this year. I wonder why though the Area 5 meet is like this, yet the state meet is not? Seems strange to me at first thought. Hopefully the weather is nice on Friday as it should be a good meet.

Good points. There is constant conversation from coaches when it comes to changing the state meet to something that is closer to this format. At the end of the day .. it makes very little sense to me that a team like Cov Cath has 4 guys in the 100 who have faster qualifying times than certain regional winners. Definitely not so fair to the kids in particular. The KHSAA has done a good thing by allowing the 10 fastest times/distances, etc info the meet (after the regional winner/runner up). But that is restricted to kids who participated in the regional. That still excludes kids who are better in many cases.

The thinking is (from some of us anyway) ... is that we can show some value in a meet format like this (maybe something like a "Super State" meet or something along those lines. I doubt that the KHSAA will ever make a huge change like that .. but they do seem to listen lately.

As far as Area 5 goes ... the format is basically my decision (based off of how the Louisville Area runs their All Louisville Meet). At the end of the day ... to get the best talent in a meet ... you have to get the best kids in. The only way to do that .. is to open it up (not make it too exclusive). This way we catch everyone.